Floaty yoyos?

The T1 is one of my personal favorites and a float machine. It plays so chill and relaxed, it almost perfectly fits my play style.

T1! Super floaty, super fun, and right in your price range! You can pick some string/whatever accessories you need with the extra money

It would be good, but the only thing is that the t1 is huge, But i might get it at another time, Yoyofactory offered me a b-grade avant garde 2 and that’s kinda hard to pass up, but I’ll definitely consider the t1.

Are there any other suggestions? Maybe something that’s not as big as the t1?

Is the wooly marmot 2 floaty? Cause the hype is starting to get to me

As I recall (don’t own one) it was pretty floaty. Not the floatiest ever, but hanging out in the “floaty” camp at least.

Yeti’s very floaty. :wink:

Brace yourselves! The war’s about to begin!

The wooly marmot war?

Hahah! No war. But… a nearly 70-gram piece of dense plastic is unlikely to be floaty in the first place. I owned one and can confirm that it’s not floaty. It’s not a brick or anything, but no, it’s not floaty. And if you think it is, you probably just haven’t played a truly floaty yoyo yet. :wink:

It’s floaty in the sense of center weight. And I’ve played many M10’s, Chiefs, H5XChiefs, Sentinels, stuff like that. I agree it’s not like all of those but the Yeti really is a bit. (Maybe I shouldn’t have said “very” floaty). :slight_smile:

Well the xlr8 is 70 grams and it’s floaty. Floaty isn’t based on weight

I agree with that.

The xlr8 isn’t that floaty either. :wink: At 70g, the H5xChief is definitely floaty, so yes I agree.

People who think the Yeti is floaty clearly have different subjective criteria than me; and since it’s a subjective term I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

However I never really disagreed with you about the yeti not being floaty. The reason is I haven’t tried it yet. But when I do, I’ll take my opinion on it. By the way have you tried the wooly marmot 2?

I have tried it, but not extensively. My first impression is that it’s in the “floaty” camp without necessarily hitting that “OMG, floatiest thing ever!” mark. But yeah, quick impression was that it was more floaty than solid.

Well yeah, I’m not looking for the floatier thing ever

I just meant it as a scale of reference. I wrote that having no idea where between “super solid” and “floatiest thing ever” your needs/wants were. :wink:

Hahahaha, this thread cracks me up. The thread trying to define “floaty” basically showed us that there are a bunch of definitions, and some of them directly conflict with each other. Which means that arguing whether a yoyo is floaty or not is a non-starter, because first we would have to agree what the word meant.

Maybe we should ask this: Op, what is your definition of floaty? Can you define it? Is it light? Is it slow? Is it center-weighted?

Stop for a second, this thread isn’t about defining floaty, it’s about finding me a birthday yoyo

Actually, we need your definition of ‘floaty’ to know which yoyo we find would best suit you. My floatiest yoyo is the Orbitron 5000. Joy on a string.

My definition of floaty.
Strix:not floaty
Shutter:teeny bit of float
Speedaholic:not too floaty
Magic yoyo n5:floaty
Too HOT prototype: floatyish

But remember I’m not looking for the floatiest thing you have