Floaty Throws in 2023

Been away from the scene for a couple years and want to take stock on what’s been released since my time following around 2018/2019. I’ve always been a huge fan of organics and especially the oversized throws like the 420. I just recently picked up a 420L that is incoming, but wouldn’t mind having something in a similar vein. Any other throws I should be checking out that would play similarly or at least have that same play style to it? I am definitely a more relaxed thrower so not looking to do any speedy routines, just some nice flowing tricks. Still have my top deck though, couldn’t give that up.

4 Likes

Dunno the 420, but Atmos does some floaty stuff - Cloudberry, Goji, Abel to name a few. I really like CLYWs Beater as well.
All of them among the favorites, I’m all about the floaty throws, so I will be following that one closely :wink:

6 Likes

Try to get Bowl 303. It’s the floatiest yoyo from everything I’ve tried: Grail, MMC, The End pt.2, Parlay/Sudo. It feels so light and hollow, pure joy for chill play

6 Likes

Not nearly as large as the 420 but the ILYY Liopleurodon that’s been around forever is still a great organic yoyo that has a nice flow to it.

3 Likes

If you can find one…. RSO Bowl MG. Not really an everyday carry but float doesn’t even capture its essence.

I too, second the ATMOS comment. Find and Abel or Noah. If you like large, you’ll love Pomelo.

If you like plastics…. Snowberry or the new Luftverk 000.

4 Likes

I like the OP Yoyos Peach for some flowy sessions. It’s pretty big, but not oversized, and weighs 66g without feeling heavy at all. It has a very unique feel to it. Definitely one to check out.

2 Likes

G-Squared Carbine

2 Likes

Floaty tends to mean something different to everybody and depending on the era. The original “floaty” yoyo, the peak, was small and heavy and center weighted. Now it tends to mean a good balance of rim and center weight on a lighter body.

The mystery gift yoyo from DD gives me that old school float. I’d say emotion has more of that new school float.

6 Likes

Unity yoyo’s affinity or the gnome from @bobafret . Both of these were designs with @hobbygod

4 Likes

Im looking for oversized and floaty and am thinking about:

2 Likes

Could save some cash and get a plastic 000. Floaty to me and plenty large. Don’t think you will find many people with a bad opinion of it.

4 Likes

Gway has some saboteurs on sale right now, I really like mine. MK1 contact is another floaty organic I love and would recommend if you see one on the bst ever.

1 Like

Saboteurs are super floaty. I love that yoyo.

1 Like

One of my favorite throws is the yyfr koi. Also organic, nice and floaty

1 Like

Mowl Q

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, it seems like the Atmos throws are right up my alley! Appreciate all the other suggestions too that I’ll be keeping on a list for more research and to keep an eye out on BST.

One more to add to the list.

If you just want float and don’t care about the size, or shape of the yoyo being organic. If you can find a Bingsoo, it’s right up the alley of the 420/grail in terms of how it feels in play, just inside a more competitive shape.

The affinity is definitely one of the most underrated and floatiest yoyo I got

1 Like

This was probably my best oversized-floaty throw I’ve ever used, so I am sad to see monories is out of stock in yye :sob:
Yet there are still some stocks on other stores, hope you could find it

Floaty is a term who’s meaning is so vague that it has practically become a meme in the community. But I think you will like mikemonty memento and Smashing Yoyos Kubrick. Both of them are long out of stock so you will have to scour the BST to buy these.

1 Like