Flexin' Firsts

so, i had my duncan glow imperial out (my first yoyo), and i didn’t recall seeing a category where there was a ‘my first yo-yo’… but, not everyone could participate anyway, since i would imagine a bunch are long and gone… what if there was a spot you could show off your first of anything? you could “flex your firsts”, per se…

-your yo-yo
-first runs
-your first yo-yo you recovered after selling or trading
-first colorways
-first bst
-first yo-yo gift
-first yo you landed x trick
-responsive/unresponsive

whatever… something special, a first… with pics! just an idea… be creative, and get ya flex on!

my first yo

my first models

11 Likes

Love the idea of this! Deffo gonna post when I get home!

4 Likes

One of the first yoyos I remember owning. Had this since I was 10, and it still loops like a beast (on its stock pads!)

This was the first yoyo I bought after rediscovering my speedle and getting into the hobby last winter. Will always hold a special place in my heart.

After a couple months of getting frustrated learning modern 1A, I picked up my first solid wood fixed axle yoyo just to experiment with something different. Modern responsive has since turned into my favorite style, and the majority of my arsenal now consists of fixie’s!

I’ve since learned to appreciate 1A, and I’m just now beginning my 2A journey. Here’s my first dedicated 2A pair. Beastly little things.

3 Likes

that’s awesome! i got a speed beetle as a little freebie recently in a bst… it was really cool!

1 Like

The first yoyo I ever anodized. <3

I think it’s a DTI Bass boost? (Someone chime in.)

5 Likes

It looks like a bassboost but I think you were anodizing before the bassboost was around. Perhaps an Agape?

2 Likes

Yes! Agape, that’s right!

Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes