Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Yep, @Eric_Newlin let me chose that one :wink: going with the theme: African Padauk wood used to made this yoyo.

3 Likes

Love my Gnomad.

18 Likes

#woodisgood

19 Likes

Friday morning Jiving

27 Likes

Great minds!
(Or…. Yknow whatever we are…)

24 Likes

With the Gnomad by my side I’ll never roam alone!

26 Likes

I had ordered some extra MR85 bearings with the intention of using one of them to seize up, but I ultimately decided against it. Instead, I searched for 5x8x2.5 plastic spacers and was able to find some that were shipped from Hong Kong. The spacers fit perfectly inside the RBC, resulting in a pleasing fixie response. Additionally, the bearings came with a complimentary pair of mini cones, which makes for a fun photo op.

24 Likes

Cones are obviously so you can improve your walk the dog skills.

Hopped on the No Jive train.

27 Likes

Mark and I might consider including a bearing blank in our next responsive collab.

13 Likes

So what your saying is… There “IS” another in the works…

6 Likes

oooooh, that would be too fun! Interested in this next collab👀

1 Like

If tbe community feels they need it.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Kick-flippin’ into the weekend

21 Likes

More yo

21 Likes

So a friend brought this to my attention… interesting to see people that have no clue about yoyos making one, some of her designs looked cool, i wanted to cry everytime she strung up a yoyo… regardless i thought you guys might get a kick out of watching this. Maybe…

10 Likes

Quotes:
“It works really good.”

“Ideal companion.”

“It’s a great gift, right?”

She has a very nice shop and woodworking skills. Even with the bearing, she strings them to be totally responsive, no sleeping at all. ???

3 Likes

TMBR Irving (2019)
Purpleheart

If somebody can confirm the model, I’d appreciate it.

20 Likes

The last time I tried fixed axle 5A I broke my Legend Wing within 5 minutes. This time I have a secret weapon, the nearly indestructible Survivalist! I’m throwing it today with the Monster Ball weight.

15 Likes