Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Do you happen to have a Deep State as well? I was curious how those bearing blacks would do in one. I wasn’t sure if the black was too slim for it.

4 Likes

I think it is too thin. Anyway, you’d probably get almost no spin with the blank if you did get it to fit in a Deep State!

Oak Harbinger for me today.

3 Likes

I just don’t understand a titanium slimline responsive. I’m not sure why anyone would bother paying that kind of price for one, or why titanium is at all necessary for it.

This guy could sell anything.

4 Likes

I see the reasons behind your question. It is a luxury item for what it is. But you could also argue, why bother making something out of wood that won’t last as long or ever be as smooth.

(Don’t get me wrong, I love wooden yoyos and have made a few myself)

7 Likes

I wish I could try the Alpina with the blank, because I bought a couple of the blanks, and did not like them at all in anything I tried.

2 Likes

No Dice, I tried, both the Luftverk Bearing Blank and the 2016 Duncan Wheels Spacer and neither of them work in the Deep State as it needs a Full Spec C sized bearing for the side effects to tighten properly. Maybe @Glenacius_K could spin up some Full Size C bearing blanks out of maple with a recessed groove? That would probably work in a Deep State.

11 Likes

The Alpina looks like a Deep State on a diet.

2 Likes

That is a fine looking pair.

2 Likes

At 23mm it might be one of slimmest yoyos of all time second only to a Mighty Flea

3 Likes

maple eH for the past few fridays. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thanks for doing the @bandalores I enjoy and like every post :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Thanks for watching!

5 Likes

Happy Fixed Axle Friday, the old saying “Variety is the Spice of Life” nothing like going to extremes from Titanium to ProYo. I remember when I first threw a ProYo and thinking “this yoyo is so good” these are just consistent snappy loopers, easy to control and hop fences like galloping horses. Mine are not the original Playmaxx ProYo II, but can still Skin the Cat like @YOHANS in that one video. Since these are half swapped I might as well throw in a little 2A today as well to watch them flip and flop. Sometimes you have to go back to the beginning to see how far you’ve come. But most of all, All YoYos are Fun

20190426_120124

20190426_120220

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

7 Likes

I have a Luftverk Daytona, it’s setup responsive. It’s so close to the shape/size of a Walter. But because of it being titanium, for the most part I don’t have to worry about it. Walk the dog, give it to kids to try and play with, etc. There’s almost nothing that is going to damage it. It’s almost the perfect EDC responsive yoyo.

Just need the guys at CoreCo to make a ti Alleycat :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Has CoreCo ever made a titanium anything?

3 Likes

Not that I’m aware of.

3 Likes

Ok, we need to get a petition for coreco to make a Ti Alleycat 650B, who’s with me?

7 Likes

@RandyJ Ti Alleycat please??? Maybe a mash up of the OG and the 650B?

5 Likes

Had to dig into my storage box for this bad boy, but it’s so worth it!

14 Likes

That is a beautiful @edhaponik 3 and 1, a prize in any collection.

5 Likes