Fixed Axle Friday Throws

I really like that shape. I love my eHTEENs so this is definitely on my list.

3 Likes

I’ve rekindled my love of the Duncan Butterfly.

3 Likes

The green machine with some Markmont Rebby formula!!

7 Likes

Noice :wink:

2 Likes

Haha I call it something different every week, but @Glenacius_K dubbed it the survivalist

3 Likes

Another week just enjoying the TMBR Carlson CS with some fresh YYE 100% cotton Type 10 strings. Also enjoying some of the YYE Forum’s Fixed Axle archives: the fixed axle megathread of awesomeness

20190322_093321

20190322_092328

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

8 Likes

I’ve been throwing the eHTEEN today, and the hickory Ballsy the rest of the week.

I’ve made up two silly new tricks that I’ve never seen before. Also I have been working on a FA variation of a trick called “Vernicious Kenit” (sp?). Actually one of the tricks I came up with, happened as a result of practicing an element of the Vernicious Kenit vaiation.

I really need to record these…

4 Likes

I was throwing my eHTEEN today too! Let’s record those tricks at the next meet up!

3 Likes

Throughout these YYE forums there are countless threads discussing what is the best yoyo and everyone has their own opinion. Well back in the mid to late eighties this was easy to answer as there was only one option and that was the one and only Tom Kuhn Silver Bullet. Fixed axle aluminium slim line with replaceable hard maple wood axle sleeves just like the beloved No Jive 3 and 1. The first yoyo to established the $100+ price point for machines aluminum throws that are so common place today. With “Smooth” engraved on the side, the Silver Bullet is nonetheless, on every throw you feel the precision that was engineered into it. The woman I got this from said she never learned how to play it, so it sat it a desk drawer for 30 years, forshame. Definitely a joy to play and I feel blessed to be the one to get to put it through its paces today. Been using one Turbo Disc to help with breaking in response on new strings.

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

16 Likes

Excellent summary. This one is indeed an oddity. Metal shell, but wood axle :thinking:

Personally I prefer the SB-2 and I view the SB-1 as a weird temporary evolutionary anomaly, much like the duck-billed platypus :wink:

6 Likes

The SB-2 the dawn of the bearing age and no turning back, yoyo would never be the same

2 Likes

Happy fixed butterflyday!! Got a new sticker on an old yo

4 Likes

This throw can no way be mistaken as a Ti- Banshee but the design was prompted by our hero @G2_Jake from G-Squared Yo-Yos. The Once Upon a Tree (O.U.T.) Cheap Thrills . My walnut with the teal inlay weights in around 48 grams and plays light, but packs a punch. Due to its smaller in diameter axle (relative to other wooden fixies) it really comes up to full RPMs and accelerates on the throw with solid spin times. Its character can change pending on string choice, Type 8s lets it rip through combos and Type 10s make it a true staller. The rounded edges and wood choice really give it a nice premium feel even through its priced friendlier than the other boutique woods in its class. A real joy to play and I’m a huge fan of comfortable classic butterfly shapes.

9 Likes

I’m no hero

3 Likes

You are the man behind O.U.T.?

Ok, here is a pic of my modest fixed axle collection:

7 Likes

Nice Cheap Thrills

1 Like

Its actually the Just for Fun, but it does look indistinguishable in the pic :smiley:

2 Likes

5 Likes

And my Hickory Ballsy; which really, I throw almost every day.

Did Flickr do the Photobucket thing?

5 Likes

Beautiful looking yoyo. I love walnut and paired with that curvy design it looks stellar.

2 Likes