Fixed Axle February-Week 4

Thanks! They were really fun to learn.

1 Like

I love the drop straight into the stall! I’m going to have to work on that.

2 Likes

What are you using?

2 out of 4 tricks for the final week.

10 Likes

Ive had so much fun pushing myself to learn tricks this month. I dont think i have any down for this week but i just wanted to say thanks for being so awesome and inspiring everyone!

5 Likes

It’s my trusty red oak Wildwood butterfly (w/ custom engraving).

You’ll see one of yours soon. :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

My spectra WildWood plays great. I am slightly concerned with the 1/4" axle though. It feels like it could buckle under its own power.

4 Likes

Took a bit of practice to wrap my mind around the behind the hand dumptrucks, but it finally clicked!

14 Likes

Happy Friday, everyone!
I’ve got six yo-yos ready for the raffle drawing. Three Gnomads and three other unnamed creations.
It’s been incredibly fun seeing everybody’s videos this month!

15 Likes

The slow mo varial and kick flip looks awesome

3 Likes

I too like the slow motion. I need to up my recording game.

Nice stuff!

2 Likes

Thanks @Kingsloyo and @Shwa! I decided to actually bring my GoPro with me to fill this week, instead of the front cam on my cheap phone like last week haha

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpDYnNrj1Bp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

11 Likes

My entry for week 4
Fixed Axel February week 4

11 Likes

I was wondering if you could explain the mechanics of the drop to trapeze stall. The best way I can approximate is to start with the throw upside down (string wound under the throw) with a little slack, then doing a dead or gentle backspin toss straight up (winding string in, not out) and scooping the non-throw hand finger underneath for the stall. If I’ve got the mechanics right, then you’ve got that smooth AF.

2 Likes

I imagine it similar to a basketball finger roll.
Wind and hold the yoyo like you normally would.
Turn your palm face up with your hand still closed.
Start to gently toss the yoyo up by raising your arm and slowly open your hand, letting they yoyo roll towards your fingertip.
Then as the yoyo approaches your fingertip, slightly curl your fingers to give it a bit of a forward spin, unwinding the yoyo
Then catch it in a stall by scooping your NTH finger under the yoyo.
Hope this makes sense. :smile:

1 Like

Palm up was basically the bit I was missing that made everything click. Thanks for the explanation!

2 Likes

Got all 4 this week, sorry for the white background :grimacing:

It’s been fun watching everyone’s entries this month, you all rock!

Thanks again to all the folks who made this happen!

13 Likes

Got a resubmission at the last minute, finally locked in Varials. These dump trucks don’t count( they’re real to me). So I was mistakenly at 3/4. Knocked down to 2/4. Now I’m back at 3 baby

11 Likes

I got 2/4: a kickflip and a recapture.

10 Likes