Fixed Axle February video contest WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Absolutely! I had given him props earlier; certainly didn’t intend to imply a snub with that last post. XxsanezxX is one heck of a character. This forum is richer for having him around. :wink:

Congrats to the winners and a big thanks to our sponsors!

It’s awesome to see the sense of community and worldwide reach of what we share. It’s also great to see people inspired to create their first videos. I admire your bravery.

I’m extremely pleased we were able to put together such nice prize packages on such short notice. The sponsors really stepped up and gave big.

Thanks to everyone who participated. I look forward to seeing your videos next year!

Lol it’s gonna take a little work to figure it out but imma do it lol

Prize packages went out today!

Hooray!

Can’t wait to try all the stuffs while listening to “Moving to Dismantle”

You know we want to see how your new stuff plays. ;D

Sure! I’ll throw some stall-peaters for you. :wink: Trying to do a fixed axle Kwyjibo lately and I’m failing bigtime. But it’s fun to try!

No way. It’s gotta be a 2a video.

1 Like

When the Red Devils come in, it’ll be my first time with a 2A pair. I could film the results for hilarity and posterity. :wink:

That’d be awesome. Those Res Devils are good little yoyos. Durable, light, and responsive. Even I can get a little 2a going with them. A few loops and a bang.

It took me this long to try playing both Red Devils at once, but here you go, filmed earlier tonight. I did not really succeed, but I think I’ve got a bit of the bug now!

1 Like

Nice! That was fun to watch. I haven’t tried any 2A for awhile. I’ve been fixated on some tricks that have been nagging me for last four years. Are you getting the hang of it yet or do you have a pair of black eyes?

You have witnessed the entire sum of my 2A experience. I recorded that, came downstairs to render and upload it, and found myself catching up on threads. No black eyes yet. :wink:

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it! So good to see people just having fun and enjoying yoyos, truly in the spirit of the contest. ("Down down, my dear fellow, and down again I say, away with all this yoyo snobbery! ").

And, for the record, your 2A is about as awesome as mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Frank makes a good point. As much as I like watching throwers tear it up, I love watching videos I can relate to. :slight_smile:

One of my all time favorite videos came from Steve Brown. It’s a collection of clips where just fails like crazy.

Very “boss” Greg! I can’t keep up with you Canadians, and your hip slang. :wink:

We’re the ginchiest.

See, had to Google it.

1. Ginchiest

The attribute of being cool in the sense that others admire you for your appearance or actions or an object or situation that inspires those feelings.

Only Canadians would use a word to describe feelings the word itself is 100% incapable of inspiring. Thank goodness they’ve got Kenny vs. Spenny and the Trailer Park Boys. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I watched like 7 seasons of How I Met Your Mother and now I can’t stop picking at Canada.

It won’t get better if you keep picking at it. :slight_smile: