Fixed Axle February Video Contest 2013

Woot woot! Edit done in time. Just converting then the slow slow upload… hope y’all like it! Had a hoot making it, except for the “my only free time is in the wee hours of the morning and I’m exhausted” part.

To bad I can’t do squat with a fixed axle. I could try :slight_smile:

Mine and other groovy ones are over in the videos subforum in the appropriate thread.Good fun making it.

Got my box today! Can’t express how excited I am. Of course I tried out the yoyos (but not the strings yet!) and man… some real players in here!!

Watch this space (or in the video thread) for the world premiere of me trying to throw a yoyo with my left hand. It should be sufficiently embarrassing. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all the sponsors:

Waylon Crase: I’ve already listened to the album online and it’s great stuff. Now that I have the CD, I can put it into rotation in my car, too. And rip to MP3 for my phone. :wink: Thanks for co-organizing this contest and for your fun sample video.

Frank Pantland / www.theyoyologist.co.za: these Red Devils are super keen, and give me my first matched set of loopers for 2A! Didn’t know they came in cool little holders, too! Awesome. Thanks also for co-organizing the contest and for your cool sample video.

Big Yoyo String: this will be my first at-bat with your stuff and I’m looking forward to it! If you could PM me the names of the strings, I’d love that. Been looking forward to trying your stuff for a while. Cheers!

Unknown Strings: These suckers look very different from the batch I got from you a long time ago, and I can’t wait to find out how they play. Very cool colours, too. Thanks!

mrcnja: I don’t have a yoyo for the pogs just yet, but I’ve been keenly anticipating the axles, which I’ll use for their intended purpose (retrofit) but also for a custom build I’m doing! Super stoked. Merci beaucoup!

Davidson LatheCraft/YoyoSpin: a unique throw that really stands out in my collection. Thanks for being one of the first to step up and sponsor this contest, and consequently, thanks for the yoyo! Reminds me a great deal of the Canada Games Professional Yo-Yos that I grew up with.

yoyoexpertman54: I don’t know what to say, man. I will confess I was expecting a pair of “OK” players, with my own build resulting in an “OK” throw. But you have seriously blown me away. On initial trial, these yoyos are simply awesome, and I’m going to put them through their paces! Thanks so much for your contribution.

The only thing unaccounted for is the big bundle of cotton string! I’m not sure which sponsor provided that, but man… nothing like the feeling of a big new bundle of string. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for participating! It sounds like the prizes have a very happy home!

I believe the bundle of cotton was also sponsored by Waylon.

True story :slight_smile:

Greg, I felt the same about yoyoexpertman54 yoyos. Bona fide players. If he keeps at it, tmbr will have some competition.

I’m pleased to know you’re pleased. On behalf of the sponsors, thanks for your participation and kind words :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thanks for the string! Mmm… bundle of string… also doubles as a “doll costume” wig!