Fixed Axle February 2024 - Week 2

If you skip to the 3min mark in this @DocPop video, he gives a very detailed break down of the trick. Maybe the best video break down of Makin’ Da Zines I’ve seen.

There’s also a ton of other valuable knowledge in the video.

10 Likes

These are the BETTER ZINES from me, i felt obligated to do them better, since i’ve got better relationship with El MiJo over the past week.

Bonus footage of me hitting my arm on the same spot for the second time during trying to do Drew’s version of Making da Zines. Keep in mind that that’s the exact spot where my hand was broken once :smiley:

EDIT: I think SOUND gives away correctly made Zines. If you listen carefully, each redirection makes this THUD sound.

6 Likes

It’s amazing sometimes how YoYo’s will tend to automatically hit the weakest points of your body (your being the collective) and/or manage to hit the EXACT same spot over and over again. They’re brutal friends.

3 Likes

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results :smiley:

Definitely a learning experience, my hand is going to hurt for like a week…

1 Like

I second this. 100g or more is so much fun. I try to go heavier with all of my normal throws unfortunately there are few.

1 Like

I smashed my favorite halfswap of all time practicing the bucket stall lol. I edited out the expletives though

10 Likes

Bummer… can you make another one with the other halves?

1 Like

This was born out of that exact scenario so not currently lol

1 Like

My Celebrity Trick

8 Likes

An easy zines variation is to do an inside loop regen instead of the normal outside loop regen. Instead of your TH fingers point outward on the regen, you point them towards your belly. I’ll try to find a video…

1 Like

Here’s my week 2 submission for the 4 regular tricks. Thanks!

13 Likes

Five for week 2 from me:

15 Likes

@YoYo-Boomer-Club
Hi All, I do agree with everyone’s complaints about my 'zines in this clip. Judged as a standalone trick, I did it the easy way without enough pinwheel prior to the regen. Scratch it off my list, all cool

I’ve got into a habit of doing it the easy way because it’s more predictable on the flip while still being a fun, useful combo element. I filmed the bucket landing deep enough to see more clearly, but the whole trick looked awkward, my zippers were too high in the stall, my 2or0 just looked bad. Yesterday was an off day all round and I just wanted to get it finished.

I do watch every video.
I have a spread sheet I maintain while watching the videos.

This “Should Be” a fun event. Something that may make you step out of your comfort zone. Try something new.

With that said, when I am marking tricks as “Complete” I am NOT going by the “Letter of the Law”, I am going by the intent of the Law. “Did they get the basic Idea/element of the trick and get it back to their hand?”

A lot of these videos have shown various ways of getting into or out of the trick. Each individual can/has injected some of their style into these. I would hate to say “You have to do it this way or it doesn’t count.”

Ultimately we don’t know what we don’t know. In our minds, we think we hit something. That is where I love seeing this community come together and have the conversations we have seen in this thread. Makin da Zines is a great example. Or offering tips and tricks to help someone get through it easier/better.

In my mind, this IS what the event is about. The bonus is we get to give away things from gracious sponsors!

As @Captrogers stated above;

We are open to conversations and suggestions. We took this event on short notice. I have to applaud the team for their hard work and dedication. There is countless hours behind the scenes that these gentlemen are putting in. Thank You Guys!

If you would like a private conversation about anything, feel free to DM me.

Cody

14 Likes

Well said! Thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

This weeks tricks have definitely been fun. I could have made a very poor looking video of me enjoying this set on Saturday night. Yesterday was a good time to film, bad time to throw (and I’ve now spent 2 weeks making little progress with the 1/2 flips in Mysto Set).

I think everyone’s doing a great job, thanks for volunteering your time to this. Slightly less professional than professional comp is better for me, I have no intention of sending pee samples and forms halfway round the world

5 Likes

I really want to get the other 2 down just for completionist sake but wanted to get my submission in before it’s too late.

7 Likes

Full disclosure, I didn’t get the bucket stall back to my hand, but I landed it and didn’t feel like hitting it again… that’s what I get for filming on Valentine’s day at the last minute haha

12 Likes

I don’t want your pee sample I wouldn’t know what to do with it and would be relatively confused by receiving such.

2 Likes

Everyone is doing awesome this week! Also on a side note how is everyone embedding the Instagram link in the block instead of just the link?

2 Likes