Fixed Axle February 2024 Throws

Omg I love that CW combo.

4 Likes

Can’t get enough of this throw! Really impressed with how well the El Tio performs fixed axle tricks.

Fixed axle doesn’t just have to be for this month right?!

11 Likes

If can be all day fixed axle everyday if you want it…

Otherwise you can just check in on Fridays.

Or anywhere in between.

3 Likes

G2 Workhorse Proto - Fixed

13 Likes

That clear with silver hubs looks awesome. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

KNack today and Lightning tonight.

11 Likes

Harbinger today. Getting close to the end of the month. I wonder if I’ll play all my fixies by then…

12 Likes

I am also playing a Spinworthy today.

Blood Cell

14 Likes

Gates Mantra today.

10 Likes

What a month it’s been! Ending on the Kasm (or maybe some other throw tonight; we’ll see).

11 Likes

How did you make it playable?

2 Likes

Runs great out of the package (2023 copyright), threw my normal poly string on it, added a pinch of tension and voila!

2 Likes

Bit o’ beeswax/chapstick on the end of the string can help a lot too. Also, I’ve opened and played like 30 butterflies in the last 3 years and only maybe 5 are perfect out of the package. The rest either need some help or are just straight up string cutters.

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips. The beeswax has made it better. However, the string looks pretty worn out, I’ll probably take the butterfly apart and polish the axle.

2 Likes

@Slestak75 suggested a good way to polish butterfly axles. I’m having trouble finding it but something about an old string and baking soda, I think? I’m pretty sure you don’t even have to take it apart. Maybe he’ll chime in here.

1 Like

Baking Soda and Lemon Juice

4 Likes

That’s about it. Here is a drawing of how you want to wrap the string around the axle. Pull the ends back and forth to scrub the axle with the wet baking soda impregnated string. After it dries come back and do the same thing with a dry/clean section of string to polish and clean it up. :grin::+1:

5 Likes

This has gotta be the weirdest, yet shockingly correct use of that word

7 Likes

That’s not a stupid idea at all, I could make diamond paste on an old string from knife grinding.

2 Likes

Butterfly works now perfect. Little of BeeWax and a new String :+1:

4 Likes