FIXED AXLE CHALLENGE: Round the Seventh.

Oh… It definitely is harder. I got cocky and was thinking that I’d try and show off.
Instead, what I thought would be 10 minutes of filming turned into about 75.

Throw hand snap start it is.

This trick got me good.

Just to be safe/to ease my concerns: the for-split-second-off-camera-back-of-the-hand-stall is okay right?

Anyhow, here’s the link:

https://instagram.com/p/2oYcHhCx9Z/

3 Likes

That leaves Berto and Jamie!
I’m hoping we all make it!

3 Likes

What if none of us fail now? I think we have just about every fixed element down by now (gyro flops aren’t too hard for us, I think).

A gyro flop would def knock me out.

also, how good are you guys at recaptures?

those are finicky beasts for sure, and I’d have a heckuva time with any recapture tricks.

Lets all be quite and not give Ed any ideas :wink:

1 Like

so you’re suggesting that i can’t come up with a combo you can’t all hit? noted.
i’m not sure if you realize this, but it hasn’t been my goal to knock people out. i’ve been enjoying seeing people tick these challenges off, and i was a little bummed spirit bomb was so much tougher than i expected. i’m up to like 7 or 8 rounds that i’ve planned/filmed and i’m trying to order them in terms of difficulty because it’s been fun. but if you’re genuinely concerned it will last forever and become tedious, i can jump right to something designed to kill the contest.

^^ What have I done lol

Bring it! I’m always up for a challenge, but I know you’re definitely the master.

Noooooooooooooo!

Edit: seriously though, I’m in this to push myself and see what I can do, not to claim bragging rights.

please feel free to ease into the next few Ed (relatively speaking of course)

I am loving this challenge.

2nd Edit: For my own enjoyment, if you’re looking for ideas, I’d love to see some combos with dumptrucks and/or varial elements for me to play around with.

2 Likes

And Ed, I wanna make sure you know I’m not being cocky at all if it seemed that way; I highly respect you as a fixed axle thrower and a person in general. You inspire me.

If it eventually gets to the point where 2 or 3 people just keep nailing every single round, you should just film a 2 minute fixed axle freestyle they need to do :wink:

1 Like

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Ed could knock me out no problem if he wanted to, but I know he is nicer than that. :smiley:

i’m not a master of anything. i think you SHOULD take the attitude that you can hit anything under the sun, though of course if you express that in a certain way, it will be interpreted as cockiness (which is fine). my only concern is not wanting people to feel the contest is getting boring or not accelerating in an interesting way.

1 Like

Don’t poke the bear.

1 Like

You should have replaced round three with this IMO. Round three was the hardest by a wide margin for me.

Idk man, you have a way of winning these things ;D

That is true :wink:

Gyro flop to trip STM to lunar lander to trip lunar flip zines out, I wanna see things like that (especially since I’ve already knocked out so I don’t mind :smiley: )

Well said!

Next round = Grandma Kimmitt Sandwich. I’m calling it. :stuck_out_tongue: