FIXED AXLE CHALLENGE: Round 8

Good luck everyone! I’ll be working on this (was gone all last night)

So close!

Hmmm, when I do a front style throw with the string on top, the spin doesn’t allow for you to dismount the stall and go into an undermount. What do you think I’m doing wrong? Do I throw it with the string on the bottom?

EDIT: Logi has the same issue:

1 Like

I sent Ed a pm last night, no reply yet…

It would make sense if the string had to be thrown when under the yoyo.

I watched the video to confirm if this is the case, and it is if you watch the direction the string rotates around the yoyo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNptZe4zB8w&feature=youtu.be

Dere we go.  Backhand stall was a little sketchy.

EDIT: Got a cleaner one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Ze-g0fFEE&feature=youtu.be

6 Likes

Love the victory dance, brother.

1 Like

Lol I will make this into a meme. Will post this every time you accomplish the next trick lol, which hopefully will be for many more challenges:

2 Likes

This is officially the last I’ll be able to film for this round.

That makin-da-zines regen is shameful… But I do honestly at least confidently think it counts (even if it’s ugly)

Ed, you’re making me work out.
Everyone else, sorry for the sweaty mess. ;D

Hope I can get a strong enough signal while camping to shoot for next round!

5 Likes

I was just thinking, it’d be so cool if we could meet each other at a contest or something sometime.

1 Like

Yeah just throw it with the string under so it spins opposite.

I’d be down for something sometime Someone!

Sketch-central!!! (I LOVE IT.)

Logi, it’s Round 8. Figure it out, bro.

I love the fact that (if it ever makes a comeback), the Fixed Axle Championship Of All The World will potentially have TONS of new blood to draw.

^ It’s great. :slight_smile:

I love what you’re doing, Ed.

I just want to say thank you to Ed and YoYoExpert for doing this contest! When I saw round 3, 5, 6 and even 8 I thought I was going to not make it to the next round. Ed has pushed my fixed axle skills way further than I would have taken them. I’m sure fixed axle with become part of my everyday life after this.

Anddddddddddd I did it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnqHRL71Ums&feature=youtu.be

7 Likes

Noiiiiiiiice!

What about the Makin da zines though?

It got a bit close to my hand…I’ll wait and see what Ed says.

I’ll be there when worlds is in America. And compete as fiercely as I may.

1 Like

zine was not pretty, but it was on the correct side of his hand. i think that deserves to pass.

3 Likes

Dang, you guys are killing this. I tried for 3 hours and couldn’t even get round one, haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can see this being the genesis of the fixed axle uprising. In 10 years time we’ll have people coming on here posting threads like this:

#fixeduprising #edsarmy #freethetree

6 Likes