FIXED AXLE CHALLENGE!!! ROUND 4..... (!)

The only tough part will be having a comprehensible double kickflip. iPhones aren’t the greatest, though hopefully it’s gonna end up intelligible. These last 10 days have been fun, it’s helped me keep my mind off of all the rough stuff going on otherwise. It’s always good to have a positive distraction.

Is this better. I filmed it anticipating that the other video wouldn’t qualify.

the trick is visible, but it’s not back to the hand. film the whole thing with that lighting setup and distance (and show the yo-yo) and you’ll be in like flynn.

sorry to be a stickler, but… ok, yeah not sorry at all about that. it’s round 4. you got this.

1 Like

I FINALLY LANDED MY FIRST KICKFLIP! Holy hell even if I don’t hit this whole combo I’m super excited about it! I’ve been trying for at least a month and just a little extra NTH wrist action is what I’ve been missing.

All the complaining aside, guess who got it.
I think this is clear enough…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ug6ewSTt1Y

2 Likes

YAAAAY great job!!!

1 Like

I’ve used my IPhone for all the rounds
As long as you don’t throw the kick flip too high and out of the frame the camera picks it up pretty well

That’s the problem. :slight_smile: Oh well, I’ve been hitting the kickflip to lunar, which I’ve always had trouble with. I’m just hoping I can hit it again on camera. I’ve got the framing issue down. Either way I’m stoked, I’ve learned StM and gotten a lot of my tricks dialed in. This contest has also pushed me to upload a lot of content, which makes me happy. Anything I can do that unlocks more motivation in anything is considered a wonderful opportunity.

Resubmitted… with the right finger now… yikes, and I know it won’t get easier…

http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=gly8sQAYWZQ

That looks awesome, though it looks like you caught the last kickflip on the middle finger. I’ve also got my eh set up on imperial for this one.

1 Like

it was difficult

1 Like

well I thought I was pretty consistent and clean with my kickflips only to spend 2 hours filming hoping i land this at least once on film.  Then I hit it and rejoice, only to watch the playback and realize the double kickflips is out of frame. About 25 minutes later I hit it again on film and I rejoiced once again.  I think I might have heard angels singing “Tim is on to round 4, hallelujah.”

1 Like

I am out of the running. :frowning: I am banned from yoyo. On the plus side get to buy a new yoyo.

The wife said no more yoyo until we are finished moving and then she would buy me the yoyo of my choosing. So I guess I have to drop out so I can buy a OD CiTizen.

Good luck everybody! Thanks Ed for pushing me to learn new tricks! I am moving 1200 miles and have to load a semi trailer right now. I will be sure to learn these tricks when I have free time again.

jon walker: Have a safe move.

Nice! What’s that yoyo? A v-profile wooden fixed axle - I am intrigued.

Is this good now. I hit the trick at the end of the video but most of the time I’m missing the trick. I hope you like it.

Good luck man. Safe journey. :slight_smile:

I designed it myself no official name yet, I posted it in the wood is good thread awhile back.

Safe journey jon walker

you caught the double on your middle finger instead of index, and you didn’t regenerate the yo-yo back to your hand. sorry man. it’s got to be as shown/described.