FIXED AXLE CHALLENGE!!! ROUND 4..... (!)

I just landed my very first kick flip! I will own this trick.

1 Like

If only the dub kickflip is in the earlier part of the combo, Iā€™m pretty sure I can hit itā€¦ double kickflip after stall suicide is just ridiculous :frowning:

woot woot

https://instagram.com/p/2RRg-jDfuX/

2 Likes

I thought I was going to die when I saw those STM

2 Likes

Jamie FTW!

Will try to get this on tapeā€¦

3 Likes

So I just hit this on tape and both the stall suicide and double kickflip went out of frame. Iā€™ve hit it once, I will hit it again. Just gotta make sure Iā€™m throwing on every break and lunch the next couple days. Itā€™s only a matter of time before I get it on tape and in frame. I wish I had an actual recording device besides an iPhone 5s.

Howā€™s everyone else doing with this one so far?

^Well I kind of understand how to execute each elements, just not often enough to get all at once. Hardest part is the stall suicide, more often than not it stuck on my thumb or went too fast.

1 Like

Hoping for Spirit Bomb next!!

1 Like

This good?
https://instagram.com/p/2J4WcRiqaU/

Iā€™m not. Whenever we hit spirit bomb, we hit the end of my time in this contest. Iā€™ve still not got spirit bomb down on bearing throws. Though anytime I hit the end of my time in the contest wonā€™t be really sad, Iā€™ve already impressed myself with how far I was able to go this far.

Someone stated yesterday, I believe, that this combo is a consistency nightmare. And that couldnā€™t be closer to the truth. Iā€™ve landed it once on camera (out of frame as previously stated) and ALMOST hit it another 5 or 6 times today. Just hoping the wind isnā€™t too bad the next 2 days so I can hopefully get it on film.

You linked the wrong post. Looks fine to me, though Iā€™m not a judge, not sure to be honest.

yeah thatā€™s round 3.

your round 4 is on instagram too, but the double is completely out of frame.

Haha, I just got it down on unresponsive a few weeks ago.
Consistency is non-existent for most of us, me included.

1 Like

Is this OK. It looks kind of crappy and itā€™s hard to see. If the video wonā€™t do I will film another one.

Iā€™ve seen your videos, I donā€™t think you need spirit bomb consistent necessarily. Youā€™ve got mad skills.

I can not for the life of me hit it for whatever reason. Though in a way I am consistent with it, I watch the tuts and consistently ask ā€œHow?ā€

Finally!

https://instagram.com/p/2SZoIxDq3w/

1 Like

Oh! And I was filming earlier today and managed to land it after about 15 minutes of filming and it turns out all my catches were out of frame and my phone was tilted too far up! Newb!

I have the first 2/3 of the trick to where I can hit it 1/10 tries. :slight_smile: I am pretty stoked. Before today I had never landed a single kick flip. I had tried probably 200 times but never got it worked out. The knee movement and Imperial style throw really helped out! That and the kick in the butt from Ed to learn it or drop out. :slight_smile:

Gopro batteries are on the charger now. Hoping I get lucky and pull of the double on of the times on film. :o

yeah i canā€™t see the double kickflip.

i know this sounds like a broken record and that itā€™s frustrating, but itā€™s a video contest. if your video is even a LITTLE unclear or the trick is obscured, itā€™s not gonna fly. i had to watch durdakā€™s raw file frame by frame and enlarged to see the double kickflip and for several of em itā€™s been impossible. i appreciate the guys who have gone and refilmed to make it clear. this is the first trick thatā€™s had an element that happens so fast, and it requires that you set up the shot with the right distance, right lighting, and a camera that can handle it. i donā€™t want their to be disputes about anyoneā€™s entry, so if there is any question, youā€™ll have to shoot it again. BELIEVE ME, iā€™ve trashed a TON of really difficult trick videos because what i wanted to show was obscured. itā€™s why i put it in the original post.

I bet you can, I bet you can.