Fixed axle 5a - (5a may 2021)

last may, i went pretty hard coming up with fixed axle tricks for “5a may”. i messed around with some of these tricks last week, but realized the likelihood of destroying the ONLY yo-yo i’m choosing to throw this year doing this stuff is obscenely high. so instead i just had some fun looking through some of last year’s tricks again, and i’m 100% good with that. :yo-yo:

14 Likes

Nice, thanks for sharing. Mind if I ask how the throw has held up now that we are 5 months deep?

Oh, and I’ll trade you an RBC for it if you’re getting bored, lol

1 Like

haha not bored in the least. it has held up great. actually, i haven’t had to change the axle on it (which is AMAZING to me). i’m not careless with it, but certainly not delicate either. i walk the dog and let the kids at school play it. nothing against the rbc, but i think i’ll stick with this one for now. :wink:

12 Likes

Yeah, it’s looking nice, and good to hear It’s holding well as I assume it’s likely doing the same for the fellow humans on the same journey.

Obviously the RBC trade is a standing offer, lol.

I have a wooden unresponsive made of purple heart coming from Glenn, mind if I ask if you experience with that wood and how it holds up overtime? Also, you ever play a wooden unresponsive? If so, thoughts? I’d love to see it become even a fraction as popular as metal unresponsives, I love wood.

Anyway, that’s all I got, have a wonderful day.

2 Likes

I don’t really have an opinion on wooden unresponsive. I have had several. In general I find that they are not really ideal compared with metal or plastic, but that is really because I associate wood with either more traditional responsive play or with fixed axle in general. And I have had several exceptions (esp by Eric Wolff) which have been terrific players. Purpleheart is a nice dense wood and can be quite heavy which is well-suited for unresponsive. It holds up very well in my experience

3 Likes

Much appreciated on the response. It’ll have a Onedrop Cabal SPR kit, I might try and see if anyone makes a wooden C sized blank to be able to swap things out to fixie play as my old eH finally crapped out (RIP old friend.). I doubt those are a thing but it would be cool if they did, would likely need to be half sized so as to have decent response.

3 Likes

You are a God send, thank you!

Bro that’s so freakin sweet, especially for a wooden yo-yo. :exploding_head:

I love that everyone post-2010 has a giant square wear line in their pocket from a cell phone, but @edhaponik has a circle from a yoyo. :joy:

2 Likes