first performance. need pointers

So basically i got asked by my school’s play director to come and perform in a scene during the play.
It will be my first performance in front of a lot of people.
i know i’m gonna have fun and thats a big thing to do and i shouldn’t show it on my face when i mess up.
But what are some good tricks to do on a stage in front of a large audience of non-yoyoers?

P.S.
the play is in bout 3 weeks

some easy and hard tricks and try to show off they like that stuff

Do some "tricks. Like, Boing-Boing, Cross-Armed Trapeze, body tricks, and easy to follow tricks. That doesn’t mean you can’t do a complicated combo, just don’t do tech combos the entire time. Also, a good idea is to end with the trick sky rocket. Hope this helped. :slight_smile:

ok so like thx for the 2 replies so far. i found out just now tht the play is a western so i’m gonna do looping with 1 hand (cuz i can’t do 2A. Wish i could now) and hit some cans and wat not. i’m also gonna do just some simple 4A. thx for the idea LazyThrower

i’m gonna do the sky rocket like pat mitchell does at his performances after i hit the cans.
wat r some good body tricks and easy to follow tricks?

Some easy to follow tricks, Kwijibo, Laceration, Hooks, Gyro Flops, some slack, Eli Hops, etc, Body tricks, try some cross armed stuff, under the leg trapeze, also, if you want a specific trick, there is a trick called Simpson’s Awesomness, it a GT from around the neck.

Just do tricks that you are comfortable with. Eli hops is a great trick that people find amazing. Gyro Flops look really cool and is jaw dropping, Thumbgrinds are easy and look insane. Just don’t try anything to risky, you’re not at Worlds. Just do stuff you know you can land and it will always amaze now yoyoers

Do some flashy tricks. People love Mach 5. Gyro flops, whips ,and slacks.

everyone is impressed when i do: mach 5, boingy boing, eli hops, gyroscopic flop, and leg wrap trap.

Also, grinds impress people if you can do them smoothly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpe8xaTYKFo

second combo,

notice how it seems the yoyo flies off the string and around his arm, that level of smoothness will impress.

2 words- ELI HOPS!!! Make sure you get your crow going if its a upbeat preformance with an “I cant hear you” or Come on encourage me!" motion with your hands. It gets them into the preformance, Also put some under the leg and behind the back tricks! hope this helped ;D

Keep a smile on your face. Start out with a rock the baby into a dizzy baby. Just away to keep the crowd reminded of classic tricks. Just modify them a little. Slowly go into more advanced tricks. Don’t do anything so amazing that only yoyoers will be able to understand.

I hope this helped :wink:

JORDAN

lots of yoyo movement. that is what i do at school and it kills everyone even though the tricks are easy. get a boing boing going and some eli hops. but lots of yoyo movement will work a ton, just try showing it off to your freind and see the reaction.

What I like to do is just get some things I’m comfortable with and throw it together. Then I throw in a suicide or two. Their looks of amazement are hilarious. Just do what you’re comfortable with and throw together some combos. Hope I helped.

Another cool-looking trick to do that’s REALLY easy is “The matrix.” It is really simple to do and it looks cool if performed well. Another tip is only do tricks that you are at least 95% sure you can land 8) If you can do eli hops,the matrix, gyroscopic flop and/or kwijibo well, you’ve got nothing to worry about ;)Good luck! :slight_smile:

the texas cowboy!!!