first offstring yoyo

i dont know what my preferences are for offstring
i really like around 66-68 grams
i was kinda debating betwwen the yyf fast offstirng, the aquariis, and the bigyo. if you have tried these yoyos can you tell how you like em
thanks!

The YYF OFfstring tends to be undurable so I won’t recommend that.
The Aquarius is a great beginners offstring yoyo but it’s sadly discontinued. If you can get your hands on one I highly recommend it.
The Big Yo I wouldn’t recommend for beginners because it tends to snag with weak throws. Get another yoyo you already own practice your throw with that. After you get a good throw down, get the Big Yo.
If you’re taking more suggestions, I recommend the Duncan Hayabusa for beginners(if you can’t get the Aquarius) The Hayabusa still binds nicely even with a weak throw so you can work on your throw with no problem. The Hayabusa doesn’t use Friction Stickers but Recessed Triads(i think that’s what they’re xcalled) so there’s no erplacing hassle. The FLying Panda is also a nice Offstring yoyo but there’s friction stickers. if you have no probmlems with friction stickers it’s actually pretty good.
So, I recommend the Hayabusa, FLying Panda, or the Aquarius if you can get one.

1 Like

ill get the aquarius! i know where to get one :wink:

Good choice. Since the Aquarii are discontinued, they’re worth more once you have them.

where can u get a aquarius under $20?
i am starting 4a also and i am thinking of getting the hayabusa

Aquarius are worth more than $20 before it was discontinued so now that it is it would be worth more, they went for $40 at YYN. You can try the B/S/T.

ya
they are 38.50 at theyo

all three of these yoyos don’t weigh 66 to 68 grams.

my aquarius actually snags way more than my bigyo and the big yo is very durable.
the yyf offstring IMO doesn’t play too great. but the pocket change with offstring rims plays really well.

I also think the Bigyo is great for Offstring and that the Aquarius snags more than the Bigyo. It is extremely durable. People right off the bigo as not being durable vbecause it has no rubber. But trust me, it is. I think the bigyo is very good for the beginner due to its size. I would highly recommend it over the Aquarius.

i am thinking about the hayabusa

added a pole

I would definitely go for the BigYo but if you are like really new to Offstring, get the Hayabusa.

This thread is a over a month old, no need to bring it back

the duncan hayabusa SL :wink:

Did you by chance just happen to glance my above post?

I recommend a bigyo because the Bigyo is gigantic and really easy to land, perfect for 4a starters, in fact some people use bigyo in contests.
By the way once my friend played 1a with a bigyo, It was pretty funny ;D

What do you guys not get??? This thread is OLD…let it die.

Wait A tick… Now just go with me here.
By posting in this topic to tell people “This thread is OLD” and to “Let it die”. Are you yourself not pushing the topic back up to the top of the page, and there for doing the exact thing that you are complaining about?.. Just a thought :wink:

Yes, but think about this, if people actually read my post, wouldn’t it die because people would know not to post in it?