Fingers hurtt after yoyoing for awhilešŸ˜‚

Does anyone have any tips to help with the slip knot that goes on your throw hand i yoyo so much my hand looks not good anyone have any tips to help protect with my finger like maybe some sort of tip or product i could use to help all my other fingers have calysts so my other fingers are basically invincible :joy::joy::joy: but its just my throw hand

Skin is becoming cracked and even sometimes little peices of skin come off

4 Likes

I use a band aid and neosporin when the skin actually breaks, and Iā€™m usually still able to play around the band aid. I tend to get these cuts more on my pointer than my middle finger, so YMMV.

I get dry hands in the winter anyway, so I moisturize regularly. I use this, which is pretty ubiquitously available, relatively inexpensive, and odorless:

3 Likes

Yea my hands are pretty messed up too. Seems to come with the territory. My routine is pretty much the same as @TryCatchThrow

I use Gold Bond hand lotion to keep my hands from getting too dry and keep them from cracking too much. If thereā€™s actual bleeding I just throw a band aid with some neosporin on it for a couple days. Best thing to do is take a break to let it heal. If you want to avoid this, maybe invest in some gloves or finger wraps.

1 Like

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

4 Likes

Donā€™t be afraid to just play 5A to give your finger a break.

8 Likes

Itā€™ll callas over time and stop hurting

7 Likes

This definitely happened to my finger too. The more you play, the less itā€™ll happen (in my experience).

6 Likes

Looks like a dry skin issue, Iā€™ve got the same thing going on right now with the Wisconsin seasonal dry air. Like others have said, some sort of moisturizer like Aquaphor or the others mentioned will help.

If the skin breaks or itā€™s painful, I dampen the pad of a Band-Aid with clove oil and let it soak in to the injury. Kills the pain and helps it heal faster.

Ivan

3 Likes

My index and middle DONE-ZO from a combination of frequent sanitization/washing and yoyo-ing :worried: both are as dry as my gfs , who has a specific type hand Eczema that gets pretty bad , I try moisturizing and glove wearing but itā€™s really hard yo get used to throwing with gloves on :sweat_smile: so I guess for me, thatā€™s the cost of being a regular thrower :joy:

1 Like

Oh yeah. My skin is super dry so my index throw hand finger looks pretty bad without lotion lol. I also have to have the string on a very specific part of my middle finger knuckle. My hands look like Dekuā€™s though so no one can tell anymore. Iā€™m more worried about my tendinitis and my, as my family calls it, Wreck it Ralph hands.

1 Like

Try this double knot keeps the string from slipping on your finger. Hereā€™s the YouTube link.

I remember years ago at Nationals in Chico, a few of the guys were talking about damage from too much throwing.

Angie Fash showed me his hands ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ Dayam!!!

His hands looked like he had been playing a Piano made out of Razor Blades.

Obviously, his non throw hand mainly took the beating.

It looked like he washed his hands in a bucket of glass.

When he was competing, his hands took a beating.

Personally, I use this stuff called KT Tape. I get it at a place called ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Sporting goods.
It is a thin black textured cloth tape that was primarily designed to be used to support low level sports injuries. I donā€™t really understand why or how it works for what they say it is suppose to do? And honestly donā€™t care, lol.

I just cut strips of it and wrap the strips on a few spots o donā€™t want to saw up with string friction.

I donā€™t wrap my hand like a mummyā€¦.

Just a small strip here and there. Some of the harder/stiffer/tighter wound strings are almost like saw blades and tougher on the fingers than softer compounds.

I especially like it for 2A.

2 Likes

Yoyo expert finger tape is outstanding for this!
Sometimes you donā€™t have the $ or websites are outā€¦.?
I found same tape for tennis players useā€¦.ie for gripping racket better- grip tape!!
I used it after cutting in half to fit my fingersā€¦. But I have large handsā€¦ā€¦you may use differently

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point about different strings. C3 strings are like those flexible survival saws on my fingers whereas Nytro or Plutonium are nice and soft. Alphaline is ā€œharderā€ but slick so it doesnā€™t seem to cut too much.

Ivan

1 Like

Get use to it lol