Finally picked up a No Jive

Excited to get into some fixed axle, have totally neglected it. Will arrive from ebay in @ week or so.

I had one years ago, have no idea where it went, but may have been tossed out by my ex. oops

Although I am totally impressed when someone pulls off Spirit Bomb on a No Jive, I think my fun will come from the regens and stalls.

Will take me out of my comfort zone a bit, I have been doing unresponsive for a long time. It took many years to finally get a fixed axle bug.

Type 8 or 10 cotton when I purchase more string? I am leaning towards 10 if there is any.

7 Likes

No Jives are super fun! Hope you enjoy it!

5 Likes

Thanks, it will be my only responsive. I might get one from Glenacious later on.

2 Likes

No jive is an absolute all time classic. Everyone serious about yo yo should have one!

5 Likes

Everyone needs a good responsive wooden axle. I like to throw my No Jive around when I want to practice getting straighter throws and smoother.

3 Likes

I feel like I should really have a No-jive.

5 Likes

If you can’t find a no-jive. Many of the BC yoyos are very similar in weight and shape, the difference being they are not take apart.

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

I highly recommend it. I have a couple Spinworthys, and they play very nicely and consistently.

1 Like

Highly recommend Spinworthy as well if you get a fix for fixies. If he is still doing Skinflints I recommend them. It was my first one from him, and out of 5 I have, it is tied for my favorite. And very affordable.

Edit: also please check out the Modern Responsive thread for great content from the current 0a innovators, and all-time fixie world champ @edhaponik

4 Likes

Fixed axle is where it all stated.
It’s where I go when I get frustrated and want to keep playing relax.
I always have a Tom Kuhn with me.

4 Likes