Finally found my fixed axle collection (and a few others)!

My first obsession with yo-yos was in the late 1980s, then I put it down for a decade and picked it up again in the late 90s. Recently got back into it with the introduction of unresponsive yo-yos (and all the amazing videos that I’d missed since the growth of the internet). I finally went through my garage last night and found one of the two No Jive yoyos I got in the 80s along with a few other fun items.

This is my what I’ve found of my 80s collection:

These are the ones I picked up in the late 90s:

This is what I put them in for some reason. Us: 6, Them: 0 haha…

Looking forward to seeing how far I can get on the trick list with some of these.

26 Likes

A lot of good stuff there. :+1:

4 Likes

Cool stuff :yo-yo::ok_hand:

1 Like

my kiddo when young always pronounced “no jive” as “no juve’ “ (joo-vay)… i think the art deco stylization and some of the long swoopy letters on the boxes… or if the burn was particularly deep it looked like one word lol…

1 Like

The Duncan Professional was my favorite in middle school. I could loop with it pretty well.

Then my gym teacher took it away. At the end of the year, he came up to me and said, “Here’s your yoyo back. It’s a pretty nice playing yoyo.” By that time I’d forgotten all about it, and had moved on from yoyos.

It wasn’t until my oldest son got a Yomega Brain, that I got into yoyoing for real. I always wonder if that gym teacher hadn’t taken it away… I’d probably be a multiple world champion!

5 Likes

LOL That’s cold!

3 Likes

The Professional was pretty fun. Kind of like throwing a pancake. It still loops ok, but the two halves spin and wobble independently of each other. I’m sure that wasn’t how it was originally.

1 Like