Fill me in!

And again,

YYN was robbed and they weren’t able to recover

Augie quit YYF because issues with someone there and other stuffs

Heath held a charity event where people would donate a throw and he would sell the money from the sales to a charity organization. It had been a month and Heath never showed the receipt to prove he donated. After consitent asking, he finally cracked and spilled the beans: he only donated a portion of it and used the rest for personal purposes. After that, his yoyos went down in value, he became a pariah, and all of his team quit.

Yes. But it seems he’s not taking it as seriously as he used to.

Yoyonews did not rip of Yoyoskills. Yoyonews actually writes articles. Yoyoskills mostly just posts reviews and videos.

I believe Augie left because Ben wanted him to travel and promote the brand. And Augie didn’t want to. I could be wrong so take it with a grain of salt. Remember ‘the works’ auction heath held for raise money for a charity? He made out with all the money.

He was arrested for dodging taxes. Probably on money he made from Worlds. CLYW has just been pumping out yoyos like crazy. And people like them. Zach winning nats probably has something to do with it, too.

Some kids stole their entire stock almost. They weren’t able to recover. Chris from YYS bought the domain, but it’s still dead over there. Don’t even bother.

Yes. Somehow the darned kids were able to steal over 10k of stock in a few months time. The saddest part was the uset was Tombstone on the forums, and when I first started I used YYN, and I remember him being a fairly active member. I cant believe somebody would steal that much in so little time, and ruin a huge part of the yoyo community.

How did they not catch him? I’m assuming there was a pattern in which he broke in, was it all on one period of time or seperated, and how old was this “kid?”

Shinya Kido is on team C3 now.

Yeah, some Tombstone kid stole a bunch of stuff, which eventually led to YYN’s downfall. Worlds is in Prague next year, Tokyo after that, then back to the US in 2016. Jensen is back, and taking a more relaxed approach to stuff. He looks to be really happy now.

CLYW so been pumping out some great stuff, albeit a bit over hyped, and it looks like the CLYW team, and C3’s team are the best right now, but team YYJ is up and coming. Shinya left his brother for C3.

EDIT: Yoyonews did not rip off Yoyoskills (who recently acquired YYN). Yoyonews posts some pretty cool, insightful stuff. Yeah, and people are still crazy over OG Peaks. And Chiefs. And anything CLYW.

Wait, what’s C3? Also was there a change in judging or something?

C3 YoyoDesign. A yoyo company based out of Hong Kong that created popular throws like the DI Base, Darkstar, Berserker, Dark sonic, and trident.

C3 Yoyo Design. A company that produces some pretty great throws. They’ve been gaining popularity lately (I thought they were around before you left?). And as far as I know, the rules haven’t changed yo much, but like in the past, you get points for string hits, so speedy tech is the way to win, not really flowy slack stuff. Also, there’s a weird rule I read that wearing a costume while competing nets you extra points! So if you want to win, dress up.

I know alot of what I’m going to post has already been said, but I posted this in a similar thread not to long ago and I’m lazy so here. haha :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Vs. Newton YoYo Concepts and hSPIN are both done. Vs. Newton because Heath lied to the community about donating around $4k to cancer patients when instead he used it for his own personal use. hSPIN just kind of died of natural causes so to speak, they ran out of money.
  2. Mickey (Hiroyuki Suzuki) won worlds… again, it’s his 4th first place title.
  3. Yuuki Spencer and Augie Fash have left YYF. Augie is now on C3yoyodesign, Yuuki is currently unsponsored, most likely by choice.
  4. Zammy Ickler has left One Drop, and plays with YYF alot now.
  5. CLYW seems to be the company that is on top. Everybody wants their yoyos, and not to mention, their contest team seems to be quickly eclipsing YYF’s.
  6. Most popular yoyos as of right now are as follows:
    CLYW & OD Summit (A collaboration between One Drop and CLYW, most successful yoyo collab of all time)
    CLYW Chief, Arctic Circle, Avalanche, and Puffin
    OD Code 2 and Cascade
    General Yo Model 10 and Majesty
    YYF Delrin Severe, Supernova
    YYJ Theory and Classic

^^Yeah, basically nailed it. That’s what you missed.

No. They stole roughly 10k of stock. That’s about 100 metals. Nowhere near all of YYN’s stock. It did, however it did deal a huge blow.

Also, CLYW is making a plastic called the yeti, and od is making a plastic called the rally.

I was in the same boat, made a similiar thread here: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,61879.msg655516.html#msg655516
There’s some good info here as well!

1 Like

He went while the owners were there. He and his friend would just snatch a few throws each time.

RecRev is still kicking it with cool new throws.

GenYo’s got lots of cool new models

Other than that, most of everything’s already been said.

I think fixed axle is getting pretty big, but I’m not sure how long that’s been going on.

Cite your sources.