Few & Far Between Yoyos - THE DREAMER

We were going to make them with stainless steel rims at first but our specs (mainly weight) that we wanted to achieve was impossible to do because stainless steel would make it too heavy, so we ended up going with titanium rims to achieve the weight we wanted since it’s lighter than stainless steel.

9 Likes

Is it going to come shipped with a ceramic bearing?

2 Likes

You guessed it! It will also have a regular concave bearing. We are also trying out the platinum DS bearing with it!

4 Likes

I asked that same question. I think is just to do something different?? Maybe I’m wrong 🤷🏾

Sorry to ask but how come? It wouldn’t be just a matter to make a thinner stainless steel rim?

Anyway, price will tell!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah, it seems to me that thinner/smaller stainless steel rings would achieve the same thing as those massive titanium rings.

3 Likes

We wanted to keep the rims big and keep the design the same and with stainless steel it wasn’t going to cut it even with thinner rims. We trust @hobbygod when it comes to this.

1 Like

We wanted to keep the bigger rims and not deviate from the original specs/design. We also trust @hobbygod when he suggests going for titanium rims to keep the specs exactly the same as what we wanted originally. We tried with the stainless steel rims but we wouldn’t be able to keep the specs like we wanted.

1 Like

The specs for the rim they wanted in SS would’ve been like 20 grams lol so we used ti.

1 Like

In other words, the size of the rings were dictated by aesthetics, and in order to keep them big (the aesthetic mandate) they had to be lighter than stainless steel, hence the choice of titanium.

It is fascinating to me how aesthetics and performance become such intimate partners in the dance of design.

8 Likes

Yes. Exactly

6 Likes

The edge has similar big rims like this one… anyway, you guys might know better than I do. Looks cool though.

2 Likes

I hope this will be available on YoYo Expert.

Please announce if you can.

2 Likes

We are planning on it!

3 Likes

I love this color blue choice

5 Likes

Idk of its the titanium that does something to the weight distribution or what but this yoyo is incredible. I love the way it plays

1 Like

That’s an obvious comment coming from a sponsored player :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, but seriously do you think that makes the difference amongst other bimetals you’ve tried?

3 Likes

I have messages of me saying the same thing about it before I was sponsored lol. That’s my honest opinion

1 Like

As I stated idk if the titanium makes a difference… all I know is when it comes to the way it plays. It’s one of my favorite bimetals that I have tried so far

2 Likes

Awesome! Platinum DS bearings have been the bearing of choice for a lot of us folks here for a really long time so it’ll definitely be great with the inception.

4 Likes