Feeling lost/don't know where to go

Hi everyone, I’m in the need for some advice. I’m Lost as to where to go as of late, trick wise. For example I don’t know what trick to practice next and often lose inspiration. I can do most tricks up to advanced one & two except for the zipper, boing e boing, Mcbride rc, leg wrap trap, mondial, iron whip popnfresh, and magic drop. Thing is i’m not feeling inspired enough to practice hard for long periods of time. PLS help! ???

just do what makes you happy. Your journey in yoyoing isn’t really about what you can do, but about whats makes you happy to do it. If your not feeling yoyoing maybe you should just take a break. If not just play around and do what you like to do. This really isn’t about being the best or knowing the most tricks, but as i said before about doing what you enjoy about the throwing experience.

1 Like

I advise against practicing yo-yoing unless it’s for a contest you’re happy to compete in.

If you want a fun trick to learn, then do Skin the Gerbil. It’s so much fun. I had (or you could say have) the same block as you, and you just have to work through it. If you don’t feel like practicing for a long time, don’t. Just have fun with it, experiment, look at cool stuff on the forums, and you’ll be fine. Who knows, you might even come up with your own few tricks!

1 Like

There are some good tricks here:
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,87465.0.html

But I like this one currently:

I hit this block pretty hard and took a huge break from yoyoing…hitting it back in 2012 about the same level of tricks. I felt like there wasn’t anything new I could learn as it seemed “out of reach” for me. I still threw here and there but nothing serious. It wasn’t until 2015 when I was at Disneyland when I saw some kid dragging his poor metal (Duncan Strix) throw across the esplanade that I decided to pick up a new throw and give it a whirl again and pick up where I left off, and Bay Area Classic 2015 (just a month after my trip) was another driving force…jumped back into the game with picking up Spirit Bomb.

Now, I hit these mini blocks as it’s been about 4 months since I actually sat down and did a full on tutorial. But I’ve learned a variety of tricks and ventured down a slightly new path for me that involved just experimenting with things and finding something I like - and then a new trick/combo is born. Watching freestyle performances on Youtube have actually been more favorable than tutorials, just watching them in slow mo. I’d just cherrypick an element that looks cool, try it out, and go from there in my own direction. Basically now with me, when I hit a roadblock, I just need that one little spark and I’m on my way again.

1 Like