Favorite yoyos $15 and under?

Whip, psg, and asteroid are amazing.

If you look at the right place,
The Magic Yo T5

It’s literally a YYR placed at $15-20 dollars.

The Machete might be worth getting just for the name. I can totally threaten naughty students with it. “I swear to god, I have a machete in my bag and I will use it on the next person who yells out OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!” XD

Yuki

1 Like

Best thing I’ve seen all day

I can’t get enough of my Shinwoo Phantom Pro lately. Just got a Techno 2 the other day. Gonna have to tweak orca little to make it play nice.

Wouldn’t say it’s quite up there with a YYR but it does play very nicely. Possibly the best value yoyo around for playability vs price.

I mean play wise it’s defiantly quite similar to a Blink.
The shape and feel feels much cheaper in that aspect.

Who cares why. You like it, good enough!

Also, this kicks some butt as a 5A throw too, in case you want to give yourself some variety. Something about that shape works really good for 5A.

YYF whip!

Asteroid or Stackless grind machine here

I would say the best gonna be the Onestar!

OneStar has potential but it’s not available yet so can’t really compare. Is anyone even sure of the exact release date or price point?

I tried a YYJ Classic and was very impressed. Siliconed and and with a decent bearing I’d easily take it over a Whip, One, PSG or Asteroid. Unfortunately those extras can jack up the price a fair bit, particularly for a beginner who won’t have that stuff lying around.

whip and psg

I found the ONE and WHIP to be too light for my preferences.

Unfortunately, the Lyn Fury is just OVER the limit. As is the PSG and Asteroid.

This is really leaving me with the Classic, PSG Gem and Stackless PSG. I would add the ONEStar in there because I paid $15 for it at BAC, so I will.

Even so, I am finding it’s down to between the Classic and the OneStar.

Now, the Classic needs a bit of work. Stock, it’s OK. I don’t do responsive play very well, but I keep one Classic responsive as a “trial throw” to carry with me. New bearing and pads puts it over $15. Even with just a new bearing and using flowable, I’m still most likely over $15. If I can use a spare bearing in great condition, then I’m fine with the under $15 and there’s my choice.

But, if I gotta go with “fresh out of the box and ready to go”, that OneStar is a real beast. Really like it!

I still like the Classic better. I do feel that by clarifying things, it helps explain the reasons.

Last time I checked, the Asteriod and PSG (both opaque and gem) are $12.99. Also I assume you meant stackless PGM not stackless PSG?

And don’t forget Chinese metals.

Yes, I meant a stackless PGM. Hard to concentrate and typing while kids are trying to kill each other, dogs are screaming and wife yelling at someone on the phone…

I didn’t realize the price of the Asteroid and PSG had dropped. I paid around $16 each for them way back when the Asteroid dropped. So I was working off those prices.

I didn’t know teachers have a sense of humor

Or a life

CLASSIC!CLASSIC!CLASSIC!CLASSIC!CLASSIC!

Whip