Favorite Yoyofactory Throw

I’m ok with legend wing.

It’s made in a style that not many wood yoyos are being turned from a single pieces of wood without being glued. The inside can be a lil rough but this is where you can go back to the roots of wooden yoyo play and sand it out a little if you want it smoother. Play it long enough you will wear the axle down until it snaps in half. You will be more impressed by yourself than disappointed at that stage and for $10 you get to go again.
Original Legend was nicer. I loved the look and feel and inner wall texture.
Peoples are nostalgic about old TK wood but there is a lot of romantic memories rather than actual ones and rose colored glasses at play here.

We just got more stained Legend wing in. I want to do some fancy Kendama ballesque stripes in the future too.

6 Likes

No, I have a bunch here and I play them fairly regularly. They’re really dang good! I would LOOOOOOVE to see a big company take on fancy woods (metal hub screw together, replaceable axles, lacquer coated, laminate, etc) in the TK / BC style. I would buy the :poop: out of that.

I seriously doubt that will happen in my lifetime though. The wood yo-yo ship has kinda sailed at this point. Sorry @edhaponik :frowning:

it is a dream of mine that YYF or YYE will buy Tom Kuhn, the brand, and carry on with it in some form though

3 Likes

If the ship has sailed it’s been a good trip.
Wood’s where we started. We’ll always return to it. Like yo-yo’s.

Favorite YYF original G5. Smooth as glass.

6 Likes

I love the original legend, one of my favorite imperial fixies and fixies period. Smooth response for sure.

Og Wedge is the only one I can vouch for personally. It was great for what it was

1 Like

Space Cowboy, my first ‘premium’ yoyo, still plays smooth today

2 Likes

my space cadet died within a week :tired_face:
though it was my fault

What did you do to it?! That sucks.

Czech point and Dogma.

1 Like

Aviator (original)
DNA (hubstacked, but the new one looks awesome)

3 Likes

In order for me:
These are the only ones I have
BiND
2013 SuperNova
Confusion
Basecamp Sherpa (technicality)
Legend (wood)
Loop 360

3 Likes

TMBR, to me, is the next step in fixed axles. Colin is this generations Tom Kuhn. Making amazing fixed axles, with great quality. And stepped out and tried something new with the wood thread axles. I think that future generations will try to track them down like some track down No Jives. And I think it’s safe to say that there are no where near as many TMBR’s out there as there are TK yoyos. Really looking forward to everything Colin will do this year, and even the Basecamp collab in the works.

Didn’t know the Legend Wing was a single piece of wood. Cool to know!

As for me, I think the DNA is my favorite. Always liked the 888, but liked the larger size of the DNA. But I also LOVE my Moonshine, and I have a feeling there will be some Basecamp models this year that will become favorites as well.

3 Likes

DV888 was my first metal yoyo, I still have mine and play it! Some people seem to dislike it, but, I really haven’t met a yoyo I didn’t find fun to play :slight_smile:

Now, the Legend Wing. This is the yoyo I recommend to anyone who asks about a starter fixed axle yoyo. I don’t recommend because it is only good as a starter, but, because, in my experience, this $10 yoyo plays as nicely as yoyos from boutique shops. For $10, this is an untouchable value, a yoyo that will let you move through all of the fixed axle tricks on the tutorials here, and, I have yet to find a fixed axle trick I can do on another yoyo that I can’t do on the Legend Wing.

Finally, the Too H.O.T. To me, this begs for a re-release. Doesn’t need to be redesigned or improved, just have more made. I’m guessing Harold Owens III would be on board with this, but, since he seems to have focused his attention on education and professional career, maybe he wouldn’t care either way. I’m probably in the minority here, but, having played the Shutter, Horizon and Too H.O.T., this is my favorite of that group.

6 Likes

In no order, my top 3 are:

OG superstar
OG DNA

1 Like

I uhh misplaced mine somewhere

I was using cheap polyester string and turbo throws, which meant my string broke a lot. Near concrete.

titanium dream.

1 Like

Protostar all the way

2 Likes

OG super star was real good

1 Like

Probably the Marco