Favorite Yoyofactory Throw

I have had legend wings in the past and I would rank them below every other wood axle yo-yo I have owned including the proyo. Mostly they are overwhelmingly “meh”

07 888
Supernova (7075)
Mutant DNA
Edge family
OG Boss

And the hectic that started it all ten years ago😬

Ti Shutter, Kedge, MVP, OG CP Pivot, Horizon, Shutter, and Legend Wing (yes @codinghorror I said Legend. I love how light this fixie is and all the choices).

1 Like

Wow. I can’t see much wrong with them as a fixed axle yoyo.

5 Likes

Yoyofactory make some of my very favourite yoyos. There is very little I’ve tried in their $45-$55 range that I haven’t really liked.

It’s very hard to say, but I think the Al Dream is my favourite.

3 Likes

For what it is, the Legend Wing is fantastic. It’s not a hand turned masterpiece by any means but as a cheap wooden throw it’s the best.

If I can shoot the moon and do all the other fixed axle tricks with it and it’s only $10 dollars, I think I’ll keep enjoying my “meh” yoyo.

5 Likes

I really like Legend Wings. The only thing I could say against them is that their response can be a little unpredictable at times. It’s a very minor complaint though on an otherwise great yoyo.

3 Likes

I concur with the response zone, I’ve had a couple of rough ones. Must be awkward to tool in there possibly?

After a bit of time playing they to tend to fix themselves.

1 Like

*Basecamp Collection
*Confusion Series
*Shutter
*Loop 720s
*Legend Wing

1 Like

Plastic: ProtoStar
Monometal: Shutter
Bi-metal: Edge
Looper: Loop 2020

1 Like

Wangle as of now, but I’m getting my hands on some superwides and monsters soon. Maybe they’ll change my mind. For 2a, 720. YYF has some great yoyos across the board though.

2 Likes

Marco and Aviator 2.

I gotta say I agree with @codinghorror here. My legend wing eats strings like crazy and is a cut below any other quality fixie I’ve tried.

I still enjoy it, but concur that it’s “meh” overall.

1 Like

I agree it’s not the best fixed axle yoyo but for what it is, it is pretty good. Is there any other $10 fixed axle that can beat it? If there is let me know, I’d love to try one that is better for the price.

But anyway, it is my favorite yyf throw.

3 Likes

Mine broke, but I wished it had more “oomph” to it. Maybe I could have glued some metal to it or something

Oh yeah I don’t have cotton strings so I don’t really do fixed axle

It’s more to do with the wood grain orientation of the yoyo. The inside walls are end grain, which makes them quite rough, so when it grips, it grips instantly instead of (more) gradually like side grain oriented walls.

9 Likes

:point_up:This is perfect for easy throws that still come back, which is exactly how I like to play fixed axle most of the time!

1 Like

Glen droppin knowledge bombs.

That actually makes tons of sense, I was wondering what caused this effect.

2 Likes

The original Boss, C13, and 888 are some of my favorite yoyos, period.

3 Likes

Turntable 2.0, Aviator 2, Al Dream, Czech Point, and OG Shutter for me. Though I just got a b-grade Shu-Ta 7075 and I personally think I prefer it over the OG Shutter and Wangle. But I gotta let the honeymoon period wear off though.

Really gotta snag the BiND, Blade, and Neo Genesis at some point, and maybe a DNA. Neo Genesis looks like a 7068 Aviator 2 so a lot to love there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes