Favorite Yoyo Finish

Hey guys, I’m back from my lil hiatus! So… Whats your favorite yoyo finish? Peermat, blasted, Diamondblast, raw? You get the idea.

3 Likes

Hard to beat diamond blast.

(I know that AMS gets a lot of love from some folks, but the color options are just way too limited for me.)

5 Likes

I really like bead blasted finishes.

5 Likes

Anti Yo Slip Matte finish, hands down. Nothing comes close.

4 Likes

I’ve heard so much about Anti-Yo, hopefully one day I’ll luck up and get my hands on a Viszilla or Bape or the like ( I just as likely may grow a third hand tonight)

2 Likes

Probably has to be polished raw

3 Likes

Polished raw, eh? Care to elaborate why this is your favorite finish? Good job on the Moose by the way, looks great :+1:

1 Like

The finish on the Viszilla and Bape.2 are fairly different from old Anti Yo finishes. Anti Yo slip matte was a little different. Felt super nice, not much different from most the finishes you see from Chinese manufacturers today. Maybe a tad rougher.

3 Likes

If you’re going off just looks it’s kinda self explanatory.

14 Likes

Well yeah, I understand the aesthetic factor…

2 Likes

Just to add further. Not going to say what the Slip Matte process was. But, it wasn’t only the blast, but the Type III Hardcoat ano that was on top of it. Created a unique finish. Some are close today, but the hardcoat added a little extra. My 2017 Sasquatch is the closest I’ve felt to that finish.

2 Likes

Yup that’s it

2 Likes

Raw and variations.

1 Like

bead blasted or plated in some way.

1 Like

I … am not sure I can tell the difference between the various blasted / matte finishes? Seems awfully subtle??

I obviously can tell the difference between raw, plain anodized (smooth), and hardcoat though. :wink:

3 Likes

it really is subtle. but most of the time its somewhat visible. but just like feeling of play, you get used to it and start to tell the difference.

2 Likes

Nothing beats bead blasted finishes (in my opinion).

1 Like

Ilyy candy blasted is my favorite.

5 Likes

The Diamond Blast that is coming out on some of the newer G2’s rock! @G2_Jake awesome job.

3 Likes

Hand oils on a well loved wooden fixie is the ultimate finish

5 Likes