3 Likes

Bead blasted.

1 Like

any soft matte or beadblast

and at least one glossy raw yoyo

1 Like

Candy Blast

13 Likes

I like blasted finishes, but my single favorite finish on a yoyo is this copperplate:

I’m just waiting for OD to make some more brass spikes, so my SE can tarnish in kind! I could put the MC brass in it, but i like the spikes.

9 Likes

I like the feel of the finish on my Markmont Classic and I also really like the feel of the finish on my CLYW Kayak

1 Like

TMBR 0 VOC (that or raw maple)

10 Likes

Plain anodized (smooth, near-glossy, or glossy) for me.

I like the feel of the Gruntbull anodized One Drop yo-yos.

2 Likes

Reticyoyo really brought it with their finish on the puff adder. Best grind finish I have tried. It almost feels like the metal is lubricated when grinding. I do also really love ILYY candyblast.

4 Likes

Brass spikes!? I am not sure I could tolerate that much extra center weight on a Deep State myself…

But yeah, copper plated is an awesome finish. OD said they tried it on other yo-yos but it added too much vibe, so they can basically only do copper finishes on the Deep State – or any other mythical slimlines they may introduce.

3 Likes

That is beautiful Mr Haponik.

1 Like

Brass Spikes are in stock now.

8 Likes

I miss soda blasted yoyos.

5 Likes

Wasn’t that only a temporary finish that wore off with time though?

3 Likes

General yo’s blast

2 Likes

I also like this YYF plain anodization

2 Likes

Too shiny and slick, not a fan of those.

Yeah based on the comments in this thread I knew my post wasn’t going to be the most popular lol. I felt like I had to at least present the ‘other’ side of what’s being criticized, objectively in 2 photos.

Honestly I like the glossiness feel on the string, and it gives you extra grip when you throw your sleeper and when it comes back to your hand, nice and sticky. Makes you feel like a gecko or spiderman or something lol. Maybe that’s just me…

Not sure which YYFs still come with this anodization. My '09 888 is bead blasted.

3 Likes

PM me if you ever wanna let go of that 888…

Sorry I can’t let it go, too many memories. I hear the 07-08 models are better, although I’ve never tried them. Apparently a little lighter. What I’m trying to say is that you can do better than mine…

I mentioned it because I think 2009 was the year they started bead blasting all their 888s? I remember being pretty excited to try a bead blasted metal yo-yo.

1 Like