Favorite Yo-yo Manufacturer?

Sorry for the terrible pic

It was many years ago, never got touched up and was done in a totally unprofessional setting lmao
Yeah! I ended up with a 7075 Cascade for it, which didn’t even really matter cuz at the time I worked in a shop and sold OD lolol.
It was more about the love of the Company!

12 Likes

that was without a doubt the correct decision

2 Likes

your secrets are safe with us

2 Likes

Yeah man, total bummer. I miss being greeted home by the Horgan at the end of each yoyo makin’ day.

4 Likes

Love you man, no homo. I’m going to make beer soon. You’re number one on the list. Thanks for everything, you and Da5id some of my most excellent friends. Grendel has your six.

2 Likes

We like beer. In fact, I still have your barley wine from…2011(?) nationals.

2 Likes

Yep. Million dollar recipe.

2 Likes

ILYY

I just find their throws and colorways really characteristic.

7 Likes

A favorite of mine that I did not see already listed here: Dif-e-yo. Cross Bones, Juggernaut, Hellion, all really great throws. I love taking the rubber weight rings out of the Cross Bones because the aluminum sings when they are not in.

3 Likes

This question is a nightmare to answer because I never want to leave anyone out, there are so many great companies. If you ask for my top 5 yoyos you will get 5 different companies products nearly every time.

So I’m going to go 5 manufactures but it is by no means and end all be all list and may be completely different if you ask me in 2 weeks.

One Drop- a company I didnt jump immediately all over and in hindsight I regret that. Fantastic products, fantastic designs, and who doesnt love some side effects.

Yoyofactory- They may not get as much forum love as botique brands tend to dominate around here but I have to give it to the big guys on campus. Some of my favorite yoyos of all time have come from them. With constant releases and a product to fit almost every facet of the industy they have to be mentioned.

CLYW- nostalgia may play a role on my clyw love. They were always grail yoyos for me when I was younger. Releases may not be as frequent as I would like these days, but the products that are comming out are still rock solid.

Turning Point- I may be in the minority of people who would say that TP is their favorite brand out of Japan, some may even say a lot of their designs are copy pasted. I say what is wrong with copy and pasting when you strike gold with most designs?

Motion- I wanted a botique brand here and it really is hard to narrow it down with so many fantastic options these days. That said @JEA86 has found a way to tap into designs and asthetic that just hit the right spots for me. Pair that with the fact that both of his releases play wonderfully and you have the recipe for a winner.

10 Likes

Love me some Frank!!

5 Likes

Few and Far Between and One Drop

8 Likes

I’m a big fan of all the small makers I’ve come across on these forums - Cavemen Go, Wildwood, Spinworthy, etc. I don’t think you’ll find better quality, vision, and craftsmanship anywhere else. Plus, it takes real dedication to single-handedly carry a project from planning through to fruition, and I appreciate the opportunity to support that drive.

I am also really impressed by the build quality and color of the Durendal I got from ZGRT, and am eagerly awaiting the upcoming Knuckleyo, so I’ve got to include them as a favorite!

4 Likes

The wood turner’s you listed are more artists than manufacturers. They should have a separate class. :beers:

1 Like

That’s fair! For more mainstream manufacturers, I’ve really enjoyed ZGRT, One Drop, and MK1.

:yo-yo::smiley:

2 Likes

Mowl, Turning point at japanese makers
G2, A-rt at western makers

Mowl, G2, A-RT’s Yoyos has wonderful beauty.
And TP has perfect performance.

2 Likes

Manufacturing wise: FPM, TopYo, YoyoEmpire

Brand wise:

• Luxury: Luftverk
  • Performance: YYR, TP, C3
  • Innovation/Concept development: OP Yoyo’s, Dressel Designs, MK1.
  • Artistic/Aesthetic value: Mowl, Thesis, Atmos.
4 Likes