Favorite Video Games

Gonna show my age here but EverQuest is my all time favorite still. Path of Exile has to get a mention based on the sheer amount of of time I’ve spent playing it. And in the last 5 years probably the FIFA franchise even though it’s a love/hate relationship.

4 Likes

Aww that’s such a shame, we could climb together if you were in Asia

ooof what are you ranked? Also what’s your tag? I want to add you anyway lol.

Damn bro you can’t even break bronze??

I was plat back in my OW days - I only played seasons 1-4, people complaining on PTR ruins characters too often for me to keep playing it

I usually just filled, I could play at least 2 characters in every class

(Genji + 76, Hanzo + Mei, DVA + Zarya, Xen + Lucio)

I’ve been contemplating getting back into it but that 6v6 makes it too rough, if one person isn’t doing their job it ruins everything

1 Like

Dark Souls (original) and Thief: Deadly Shadows.

4 Likes

OG Dark souls is still one of the hardest games I’ve ever played to this day

D E A T H - S T R A N D I N G anyone? I can’t wait for it

As much as I enjoy Kojima and the MGS series, I really have no hype for Death Stranding. Now that more time has passed, I really wish he could of done something more with Silent Hills.

But the LADDER?!?

Saw some FF7 comments in here. Personally it’s one of the worst jrpgs I’ve played and I think it’s only hyped because it was a lot of people’s first JRPG. Pure nostalgia factor.

2 Likes

Agreed, FF8, 9 and 10 are all better than 7 imo

2 Likes

Also I’m not saying it’s one of the worst in general, just of those I’ve played. I don’t go out of my way to play bad games.

My main complaints are the nonsensical story, the lack of clear player direction at times, uninteresting characters outside of Cloud and Sephiroth, and I’m not a fan of the materia system. I don’t have a strong negative view of the battle system, but I just prefer to either have a full real time or full turn based, not a big fan of ABS being kind of in between.

1 Like

Story doesn’t hit as hard as some of the other final fantasies, not easily relatable - wasn’t even sad when Aerith died during the 1st playthrough

1 Like

I have to hard disagree with FF7 being bad. It’s still plays great for looking like chewed up buttcheeks. The story is way more easy to understand than any KH game (which isn’t saying much I know). It’s not the greatest, but to throw it away as just a nostalgia trip is a bit much.

9 is a banger for sure. 10 bores me to tears.

1 Like

Not saying it’s objectively bad. More like mediocre to above average, especially in comparison to the hype and love it gets.

And when I’m saying it’s one of the worst I’ve played, I’m just saying most of the others I’ve played I’ve enjoyed significantly more.

9 is my favorite - the card game was so good

3 Likes

About 50 hrs into trails in the sky sc.
All you ff folks should check out the trails series

1 Like

It’s all opinions, some will vibe with it some won’t. Over the last few years there has been this ground swell of people throwing FF7 under the bus. I just always found it the hate for it weird. But I fault no one for not resonating game I enjoy.

1 Like

Trails is a delight, for sure. Cold steel one and two play more like persona 4. They are definitely solid titles.

1 Like

Did you play them all?

I watched some let’s plays of skies to get the jist of what was going on and how it played. Cold Steel is what got me into them, and I was so glued to them that by the time I was finished I was burnt out on jrpgs for awhile.