Favorite Video Games

Former spriest 2100+ PvP main. I initially played during BC and stopped near the end of MoP. Blizz taking away mass dispel from us hurt :cry:

I didnā€™t really like MoP changes anyway, removing dark archangel and so much of our weird utility was a shame. And then when they added insanity and the transformation thing it just seemed so different from the class I feel in love with. I ended up mostly playing my unholy DK alt during MoP. I never got particularly good at unholy but dang it used to be such a fun class lol.

I tried playing again during BFA but unholy got reworked so hard from what I enjoyed playing in MoP that I respecced and just played frost in 3s. They definitely had made frost WAY more fun than it used to be though, so not all of their reworks have been bad I guess. I gave PvE a real shot and it honestly seemed way more fun in BFA, but just like the class/spec reworks the game just felt so different from what I initially fell in love with.

I dug this old screenshot up. Good timesā€¦ I miss them lol.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my top 5 right now:

1. Halo 3 - itā€™s close between this and Halo 2, but I spent way more time on 3.
  2. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - this was my favorite of the series. Hadnā€™t gone full open world yet, but the trick set was essentially complete with manuals and reverts. Also the hidden characters were all awesome.
  3. Hades - this game was just phenomenal. If you have a Switch, you should play this.
  4. Deus Ex - loved the cyberpunk vibes, character progression, and stealth.
  5. Splinter Cell 2 - this was more about me and less about the game. 1 was great but I wasnā€™t great at it. In 2, it all clicked into place for me.
3 Likes

Dude MOP was one of, if not my favorite expacs. I was strictly a 3s player back then, got up to a similar rating as yourself. I was Disc priest main, rsham/rdrood alts, also played ele to just under 2k S4. Class balance was at its best, probably ever, in S3/S4.

Honestly Shadowlands has been an amazing expansion all things considered. There have been some major pain points, namely in terrible patch cadence and some systems that didnā€™t respect players time even after much feedback. However, 9.1.5 and 9.2 are really making positive changes for the game.

Youā€™re more than welcome with us if you ever want to return. Weā€™re a bunch of adults who love playing wow together, 420 days a year haha

2 Likes

Dang thatā€™s an uncommon opinion but I 100% agree with you. For PvP cata and MoP were seriously good. I donā€™t remember specifics but I do remember a bunch of memes about ele shaman burst potential at the start of MoP lol.

Iā€™m definitely still interested in dabbling with the game. Maybe at some point it might be fun to roll a new toon on your server as horde. Iā€™ve never played horde before. Every Man for Himself was just too good lol. (I really liked worgen too and gave up on having a good racial to play them on my alts lol)

2 Likes

Dude Cata and MOP pvp were so good! Disc in cata is why I fell in love with Priest. Its been my main ever since.

Ele was literally a meatball turret with lava burst procs lol.

Alliance without a doubt has the better racials but the whole game is horde atm due to popular streamers/guilds/etc. Shadowmeld, stone form, EMFH are all bangers lol.

Send me a message if you ever decide to hop into Azeroth for a few minutes!

2 Likes

This just sent me on a quest to find this old gif lol. It was enhancement I was thinking of. Unleash elements, elemental blast, and then getting stormblasts duplicated with lucky echo of the elements procs.

My ex was a PvE disc priest main and I was always super interested in the class, but just never really got a chance to play healer. Iā€™d just go holy whenever I had to do PvE content since it seemed way lower effort to play at a baseline competent level. I think they had tried to add some depth to the class with chakras, but in practice you could just freely swap to whatever chakra you wanted before youā€™d cast a spell.
Kf8rfhl

3 Likes

I swap back and forth between Disc and Holy and honestly Chakra gameplay was some of the most fun back in MOP.

DUDE those effing stormbolt crits as enhancement! My little brother has mained enh since who knows how long and that was one of his favorite times hahaha

1 Like

Iā€™m so addicted to Hades right now. Haha. I told myself I wouldnā€™t get into something, because I know Iā€™m going to be excited for elden ring, and the lady and I havenā€™t even started the new Pokemon we just picked up, but Hades dug deep into me.

1 Like

Iā€™m really really liking PokĆ©mon legends arceus at the moment !!! I absolutely love the catching mechanic itā€™s super satisfying :grin: Iā€™m a big PokĆ©mon fan (mostly for the games) so no wonder I picked up the kanto in 30 seconds :joy:

Thatā€™s the one we got that we havenā€™t started yet. We havenā€™t looked at how it works at all, but Pokemon games are kind of a tradition here, so weā€™ll see how it is soon.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s definitely a game to try out one day I think youā€™ll like it :grin: and sry for jumping the gun on PokĆ©mon im a bit new to this thread :wink:

Oh, no. I meant at my house. You didnā€™t do anything wrong.

Haha I misunderstood my bad :joy::joy: I really thought that all of yā€™all in the thread havenā€™t played arceus yet !!!

OSRS for me right now. I love that I can play it either on mobile or pc. I also play a lot of csgo and rust on PC. Shameless screenshot of my OSRS character throwing a yo-yo.

3 Likes

resident evil 2 ng4
metroid fusion gba

2 Likes

Any of you guys into VR?

Iā€™m hooked to the game Beat Saber. Damn itā€™s satisfying!

I currently own 92 songs and Iā€™m determined to get an ā€˜Sā€™ rank on each song on ā€œHardā€ difficulty before I start working on the difficulty above that (Expert).
So far I have 90 of them down :smiley: The last 2 are tough as heck though!

Today Iā€™m determined to get an S on this song called ā€œWhat The Cat!?ā€. The part where I have this video start at is kicking my butt hard! It looks simple but for whatever reason my brain just isnā€™t grasping the pattern.
This isnā€™t my video.

2 Likes

Havenā€™t played a video game since forever but thinking about getting cyberpunk. Iā€™ve heard itā€™s gotten better. Thoughts ?

Okay so Iā€™ve become obsessed with this game over the weekend. I finished purchasing the rest of the songs in the game (I havenā€™t modded the game yet)ā€¦so I have a total of 136 songs.

I wanted to get an ā€˜Sā€™ rating on each of the songs on Hard difficulty (thereā€™s 2 difficulty levels that are even tougher then Hard! lol).

Today I got my last S on the toughest song in the game! Ghost by Camellia. Thereā€™s 2 sections that were completely throwing me offā€¦so I used practice mode to practice one of the sessionsā€¦50 times lol. I pretty much had it on autopilot at that point and when I went to go play the song againā€¦I nailed it!
I did miss 12 blocks through the songā€¦but I was still well within an ā€˜Sā€™ rating (84.1) :smiley:

Iā€™m pretty proud of myself! I suck at most things that take any amount of skillā€¦it feels good to feel on top of this game!

I canā€™t wait to dig into the next difficulty now :smiley:

This isnā€™t my videoā€¦but itā€™s the song I just completed!

3 Likes

Shovel Knight made me interested in the indie scene and remains one of the most charming gaming experiences I have had. The music is amazing and itā€™s just overall s a loving tribute to the retro age.

Monster Hunter, Portable 3rd and World in particular. 3rd for marking the start of a more player friendly MonHun for me and World for bringing the franchise to new heights in mechanics, graphics and immersion. Bonking local wildlife never felt so satisfying.

Hades for being one of the most compelling and surprisingly emotional games of late and actually making the player glad to die so as to progress the story. It actually made me sad to finish most of the dialogue since part of what makes it such a great game is being excited to hear what the NPCā€™s say next.

7 Likes

Resident Evil 2.
The Resident Evil series is very popular in Japan.

5 Likes