Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

Not retro but still amazing

7 Likes

How about some Dr. Mario?

8 Likes

Oh hell yeah, had no idea so many of my yoyo dudes would be into retro handhelds too…

I have a 2 modded GBAs on the way, one black clear and one glacier, a modded atomic purple GB Color on the way, and I have some rechargeable double AAs and a second hand copy of Mario Tennis to load up in the GB Color. Also have an ezflash omega DE cart to load up in the GBAs and an ezflash jr to throw in the GB. Both loaded up with roms of course… just waiting on the systems to get here… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

I bought two sets of the shoulder buttons, they are most definitely worth it. Super useful for games that need shoulder buttons.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing a ton of RPGs on my 3DS lately. I replayed both of the original Dragon Quest Monsters games and now I’m looking forward to starting Joker 3.

I want to get a doorstop 2DS at some point though. Every other 3DS model including this one just has the dpad in such an uncomfy position. I find it funny that I can’t justify spending money on a 2DS for increased comfort while playing several 20+ hour RPGs, because I already have a working 3DS. Yet I can look at a 170 dollar yoyo and go “Hmmm, yes I do think I could use another yoyo.”

9 Likes

Been modding and building some fun projects lately. Mainly been playing my SP with Golden Sun. Want a Miyoo Mini V2 baaad. Got some Magnetic USB-C Micro B and Lightning connectors for charging. Planning on doing a USB-C port mod to my N3DS XL when I have more time. :star_struck::nerd_face: Kay Crocheted me the Zelda pouch.

8 Likes

Waiting on a few things to get here from over seas for a custom Zelda GBC Build. IPS Q5 V2.0 drop in Green front plate screen with customizable LED Logo. Clean Juice wireless Qi charging USB-C board and lipo battery pack, new buttons, membranes, and a de-hum/de-hiss kit board and audio amp. :sunglasses::partying_face:
Also have an OG Zelda GBC holster Case and an EZ Flash Junior with a holographic TLOZ Link’s Awakening DX cart sticker coming. :yum:

4 Likes

I was thinking to myself earlier today, which sticker should I get for my ezflash jr cartridge… or should I just leave it completely clear? I took the sticker off and used some IPA to clean it up

1 Like

Anyone receive a https://play.date ?

2 Likes

Got tired of Pokémon so trying a little Shadowrun this morning.

9 Likes

I love that one of my mod suppliers knows me well enough from my reviews to guess what I’m going to be doing next. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I blame all y’all just put in an order for a Gray Miyoo Mini V2 :triumph::stuck_out_tongue: …finally.

Also jazzed up my EZ Flash Junior while I wait for my Everdrive GBA Mini to arrive. :melting_face:

Once I can justify getting an Everdrive GB X7 I have the sticker ready for it. :face_exhaling:

Really looking forward to putting this Zelda theme on the Miyoo Mini V2.

8 Likes

Nice! I never had an issue with my EZ Flash Jr. Everdrives have a better reputation, but for general play purposes the Jr did the job. Same wit the Omega on GBA.

1 Like

So in my head the miyoo mini kind of fills the same space as my rg351. I may be wrong anyone with experiece with both models have opinions/preferences?

3 Likes

I just got an RG350M from @bheinz63 (thank you again!), And I’d say you’re probably fine with just one. The 350 analog sticks are a welcome addition in some scenarios, but only a few. Larger screen for GBA games is also nice, but I actually prefer the screen on the mini myself for quality. And to be clear there is like a difference of 8.5/10 vs. 9/10.

3 Likes

I have an RG350P. So I can say this from my opinion on horizontal and vertical console orientations and builds. It all come down to what’s most comfortable for me to play for long periods of time. Like I love my GBA builds but find myself picking up my SP or DS Lite more for long sessions. Due to how thin they are and easier to hold.

8 Likes

What is the Pikachu device? @Tobiyo89

2 Likes

Just an external battery pack, I grabbed all the starter ones on clearance for $5 a pop when they didn’t sell as much towards the end of the year when Pokémon Go first came out. So I snagged them all since I’d been playing pkmn go daily. :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah my rg351v is more comfortable than my Miyoo mini. The Miyoo is cool for portability but after 20 minutes my fingers hurt.

3 Likes

Figured I’d share this. It took me a few days of free time to get this all done, but I’ve basically made alphabetized folders of each of my rom sets by console for my emulation devices that don’t have a custom firmware or frontend with scraped meta data. :face_exhaling::face_with_spiral_eyes:
So I now have a complete all US and EU Rom set of GBC games with cleaned up titles as well as rom hacks and translated roms. :nerd_face:
Why? ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Idk I’m kinda OCD and like the idea of having complete No Intro Rom sets. (Even if half the games are garbage) :sweat_smile:

I also flashed CFW to my EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition. That added a ton of emulators and functionality. Went with the Dark Theme version of Simple cfw. :sunglasses:

3 Likes