Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

I Pulled the trigger on a Miyoo Mini today!

5 Likes

Yes! There are a ton of printable parts and accessories too you’re gonna love it!

3 Likes

Super cool. Had no idea. Anywhere in particular you’ve seen printed upgrades or should I just search it?

2 Likes

Saw a few on thingiverse. Different shoulder buttons, grips, stands.

2 Likes

You think the shoulder buttons and grips are worth printing?

4 Likes

I’ve seen folks have good results with both. My wife’s sewing me a little case for mine and the grips will not be accommodated haha. Triggers may be nice! I don’t play many games on it that need the Rs and Ls but if I had those I might.

2 Likes

Another play down. Man I love this game. Need me a SotN tattoo. Any suggestions?

10 Likes

Have you tried Circle of the Moon?

1 Like

play some zelda <3

2 Likes

I have! The card system is a little weird to get used to, but I do like it a lot. All 3 GBA titles are phenomenal and don’t get the praise they deserve. Definitely going to go through CotM again after…

Minish Cap! I have never finished it and it’s on the short list so it will definitely be up next.

To clarify though, was asking for Symphony of the Night tattoo ideas! :rofl: :joy:

I really like the Bat form of Alucard. Might get it along with some bat followers in pixel art on my… thigh? Certainly enough room, lol.

Edit:

Or maybe just a full chest piece of Absolute Unit Dracula™

4 Likes

legitimately read that as if you were asking for more game suggestions lol

I’ll always take them! I have a hard time landing on a game and sticking with it (unless it’s a Pokemon or Castlevania title) to the end. Having someone else suggest it makes it feel like I have something to prove, lol.

1 Like

Golden Sun is fun if you like rpgs.

3 Likes

I’ve never been able to get into turn-based RPGs except Pokemon for some reason. I may just be bad at them, and Pokemon is always pretty easy lol. I even had to apply the Turbo patch to Secret of Mana to remove the stamina system and make it more enjoyable. I’ll give Golden Sun a try though!

Didn’t GBA have a Tiger Woods game?

1 Like

Yeah Tiger Woods PGA Golf Tour. I think there were two. Never played golf video games myself other than Mario golf, which also has a GBA version.

1 Like

I remember playing the GBA TWoods ALOT. Might be worth checking out.

4 Likes

I’m gonna have to try Big Mutha Truckers for GBA!

6 Likes

The original Mario Golf was awesome. I remember being terrible at it but it was the chillest game I owned, so I kept playing.

4 Likes

One of the best things about these handhelds is that you can play all the games that were never released in your region, or that were hard to find. Like Hagane for SNES, or Trip World for GB. Also English patches available for quite a few Japan-Only titles. Not to mention all the hacks available to breathe new life into classics.

2 Likes