Favorite Retro Gaming Handheld/What's Everyone Playing?

Golden Sun might be my favorite game ever released on a Nintendo handheld. Man, what a great one.

2 Likes

Saame. :grin:

5 Likes

There is a part 2 fyi.

I’m well aware.:grin: I’m 33.:sweat_smile: I got them back when they came out. Dark Dawn was good too, but wish it would have been a bit longer.

Parts came in :star_struck::partying_face: did a quick test fit to see how it’ll look before I crash for work tonight. Excited to work on this. Got some new flush cutters for funsies. :yum:

9 Likes

Ooh hello fellow retro game enthusiasts!

I’m currently very happy with my Anbernic RG350P. I’ve been trying out a few Pokémon ROM hacks recently, right now I’m playing Inclement Emerald.

(Went out of town with my parents and sat in the back part of the time, man that was a nostalgia trip!)

I’m a big fan of GBA games in particular, stuff like Summon Night Swordcraft Story, Mega Man Battle Network, and of course Pokémon. I upgraded to the RG350P from a homebrew PSP because my PSP couldn’t run Pokémon Unbound like at all haha.

8 Likes

Been busy lately, stay gold. :sunglasses::star_struck:

13 Likes

S L I C K. Not a huge gold fan myself but these are super classy.

3 Likes

Do you do all aesthetic mods or are you swapping electronics as well?

BTW love the gold!

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:
I am quite pleased with them. :kissing_closed_eyes:
(so far, not done tinkering yet)

White with gold accents is my weakness especially with yo-yos. :weary::pinched_fingers:
Really happy with how the GBC came out, I have an opalescent mirror clear Aurora shell coming to replace the original clear back.
I have resin mold plans for the original clear shell since it’s basically immaculate. :wink:

6 Likes

Both. :grimacing: but currently most of my mods only have the motherboard as the only original part, unless it’s an authentic special edition shell. Otherwise shell, membranes, buttons, speaker, battery packs, stickers, etc are all custom and handpicked for how I want it to look.

8 Likes

Nice. I consider myself reasonably skilled at soldering and was debating seeking out some hardware to refurbish. The last pic of all your tools is really helpful.

2 Likes

Nintendo switch online, NES/SNES ports.

4 Likes

Make sure to get yourself a good fume filter. Play safe with lead fumes. :wink:

7 Likes

Good tip. I’ve always had access to labs or makerspaces but I’m finally getting around to building out a home workbench.

2 Likes

While I impatiently wait for my Miyoo Mini V2 and mirrored clear Aurora shells to arrive to finish finish the clear backed Zelda GBC build, I test cut the green shell back half to fit the GBC Clean Juice Air for wireless charging. Even found a cool animated LED wireless charger on Amazon. :grin::partying_face:

Also picked up a relatively cheap (for these days :skull:) like new GB Micro to shell swap with a full gold body and faceplate. :star_struck:

A gold front/ red body Famicon Edition Revo K101 Plus that can play official GBA carts and trade functionality with an original GBA adapter port.
(And a hard case) :yum:

And a Kingdom Hearts Edition DSi shell to swap on my (now Hacked with Twilight Menu) Black DSi that I picked up locally basically new and never played for $30. :exploding_head:

7 Likes

I feel ya. Been waiting one month now……

2 Likes

I ordered one on Banggood on Aug 13th and paid $63.99 because it was literally the only one I found online near MSRP prices. :skull: Everywhere else that had any were like $100-150 :face_with_raised_eyebrow::rage::triumph: scalpers smh. :roll_eyes::expressionless: So I ordered and waited just to find out they are 3rd party and waiting for them to get another shipment of them so technically out of stock and allowed me to order anyways. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: canceled and found one on aliexpress (from the official store) instead cheaper and it’s already here and clearing Customs. :blush::partying_face:

5 Likes

Just ordered a Miyoo Mini v2. I paid a little more than you did, not sure if that’s because I got the 128g. Looking forward to getting some RetroArch going! Been a while since I did any emulation. I’m thinking I’ll start with some GBC/GBA stuff - Golden Sun and the Zelda Oracle games.

3 Likes

It came today!!!

10 Likes