Favorite MFD

Just thought I would create a thread for people to talk about their favorite monkey!

At the top of my list is the backstage pass because I believe this is Ray’s best work.

7 Likes

good topic. backstage pass and tri-b, gelada 2.1 isn’t a slouch either though

3 Likes

I enjoyed the Conspiracy and Fire Devil, though they’re the only two I’ve played. A lot of MFD shapes don’t interest me TBH, but I can’t deny they’re unique which is great in a sea of yo-yos that all kind of look the same; I’m glad they have a passionate fan base to keep them going.

The ones I haven’t tried that I’ll have to hunt down one day or try someone’s are:

• backstage pass
  • gelada 2.1
  • prime8

Heard great things about each of those.

4 Likes

those are all excellent choices if you want to try mfd without getting into their more extreme shapes. there’s a lot of backstage passes around right now, but the prime8s have been a bit tougher market. gelada 2.1 are easier to pick up i think too

2 Likes

Between the prime8, bsp and firedevil, I believe the prime8 was my favourite by a long margin

4 Likes

Prime8

4 Likes

I really like the Forte, actually, and not just because I’m a Mike Monty fan.

2 Likes

PixelApe. Then I’d say the Prime8 and Conspiracy are tied for second.

4 Likes

Yeah, the BSP has been my favorite ever since I tried it. I’ve tried the prime8, 2evil '61&'75, conspiracy '61&'75, forte, sea monkey, and firedevils. The BSP is all around good.

3 Likes

Ape-x and prime8 for me!

3 Likes

Here’s my list of stuff and I would say the top 4 are keepers. The Apex and forte just have too much center weight for me.

1. Backstage pass
  2. Prime8
  3. Gelada
  4. Pixel ape
  5. Conspiracy
  6. Firedevil Ridgeback
  7. Apex
  8. Forte
  9. Lesula

Edit:added the lesula

5 Likes

I think the center weight is actually one reason I like the Forte.
I’ll have to try the Apex, given that.

3 Likes

Anyone have any input on how the BSP plays in comparison to the Prime8? I have a Prime8 and a Seamonkey, both are phenomenal but the I like the former a teense more.

3 Likes

Caesar helium is the best😎

3 Likes

@anon17117379 Forte

5 Likes

Please excuse my very dumb question, but what does the D stand for in MFD. I know it is monkey finger, but what is the D.

2 Likes

Design

3 Likes

Ohhh, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks

1 Like

Without hesitation……. I would say the Backstage Pass is a Benchmark example of Practice makes Perfect.

A Superb design.

5 Likes

My Favorite MonkeyfingeR Design (MFD) is probably the one im playing. Honestly it changes regularly for me. Can’t go wrong. Have all except the EvilYo and i love each one.
Even the Lesula is unique and amazing once you get used to catching it is very comfortable and capable.
I’m probably the worst person to answer this question. But if you wanted to discuss how they compare to eachother or other yoyos then I’d trust my answer.
Currently i think id pick the Prime8, last week it was Aotus, before that Forte, Cesear, Ridgeback, Tri-B…i forget who was my favorite the week before that deff pixelape or sea monkey… they’ve all had the number one at some point.

3 Likes