Requesting education on a list of desirable Monkeyfinger from most to least

I am curious as to what is most to least desirable from the Monkeyfinger lineup, not by colorway, but the model itself. I would hope that it coaligns with what plays the best to worst, but I understand if it does not as that is not the only characteristic in what makes an item desirable. I would assume though, that the top of the list would hold the most monetary value.

I very much appreciate your help. If time permits, a few words next to each yoyo explaining why would be amazing.

They seem to be quite popular, and I feel I have so much knowledge on most other brands, except this one.

4 Likes

Just a personal list of the ones I’ve owned and played

1. BSP: great balance, comfortable, and great for competitive and relaxing play
  2. Gelada: excellent throw that is very similar to the bsp at least to me
  3. Prime8: more competitive, pretty fast, and more of a unique weight distribution (the 7075 version was almost the same just slightly slower)
  4. Pixel ape: great weight distribution and pretty fast
  5. Conspiracy: probably the most competitive shape so it’s not the most comfortable but easy to control
  6. Apex: heavy on the center weight so not great at spin times or control. Probably one of the most overrated MFD throws I have played. They have made huge strides since this.
  7. Forte: Similar to the apex, this has lots of center weight to it so not a great daily player. If you want a heavier unbalanced slim line this is for you.
  8. Lesula: Again with the center weight on this guy. Honestly just not the most comfortable throw and it’s a challenge to play normally.
7 Likes

Thank you Joe, I am considering picking something up that is laid back, preferably organicish, that will hold it’s value.

Would that be the BSP?

1 Like

BSP is the best playing but is probably the lowest value. I think it’ll hold it’s value though.

1 Like

But how could they get better after the apex… hmm :thinking:

I feel like the Prime8 or BSP would be would you want. Comfortable organics that pack a big performance punch, but don’t feel too heavy or sluggish to be a chore to play. If you’re feeling spendy the Anti-Pro 1 is a really great organic option that is absolutely going to hold its value. I think Prime8s and BSPs should both be easy to find since they were part of the recent preorder run.

3 Likes

Dude i love MFD… like all of them. Some very unique players. Unfortunately drops are ruthless and the BST market is borderline insane. I’m only going to mention models that are reasonable in bst.
I know your a fan of general yo and so I’m assuming you prefer yoyos with an organic hint to them. If so id try and score a BSP or a Gelada2.1 … both still being produced and both relatively normal price in BST.
I also think the Prime8 is a great organic with nice chunk rims that give it more power.
Conspiracy is a great V shape with lots of balance and power.
2Evil is a great undersized H shape.
And my personal favorite the big daddy Aotus … basically a bigger Prime8.

3 Likes

Conspiracy is the best player I’ve tried but AOTUS is my personal favorite. more organic than conspiracy and all the float :smiley:

3 Likes

Prime8, Aotus, Gelada 2.1 and BSP would be my suggestions for organic great hand feel with as much performance as most will ever need.

2 Likes

Caesar helium… the fact no one else has said this just shows how rare these are

1 Like

For me the most desirable title would have to go too the co-lab and triB. They are both great players and super hard to come by! As far as organics in mfd, my go to would have to be the gelada 2.1 and prime8 which both hold value and are bangers!

As per discord chat room helium cesear is gonna be dropping again this year. Keep your eyes open.

1 Like

Seamonkey is very nice

3 Likes