The most objective tier-list for the most subjective hobby from one of the biggest organic lovers out there

I have gone through hundreds of yoyos over the 15 years I’ve been throwing, and these are by far the best list relative to one another based on a multitude of factors I’ll add as I see fit. The ratings are further divvied by their positioning (higher up = betterer)

Mostly sticking to the big American companies, if you want an opinion on something from A-RT, CLYW, OD, YYF, RSO that you don’t see here, ask and I probably got an answer for you :slight_smile:

S+ Will change the way you view throws, genre definers. Something that feels special everytime you play it, always puts a smile on your face
Canvas
Life
000 54SE
Summit
ti888
Small Bearing 888
Ari and it’s little brother the Khuno
Gravity
Draupnir
Small bearing tiramisu

S Some of the best in their class. The go-to’s
Triptych
Noah
Banshee SS
Chopstick Gorilla
Martian
Aster
Hinemosu
Grail/B7
low wall 888
Glacier Express
MCMO/MC
FHZ w/ Buzzon Mod
Stainless 888
7075 Scout
Ronin
Batsquatch
Diorama

A Great picks in their respective categories. Great EDC equivalents to the above.
Collapsar
Sasquatch
Scout
Akita
Banshee
Cloudberry
Stormberry
Amplifier
Kappa
Exia
TiShee
The End pt. 2
Legendary 888
Project Saber
Speedaholic
GBP
Porycrash
Grind Machine 2
TiTriton
OG Pyro
Chik!
Karamaiju
Nitro/Intro
Pomelo
RSO Bapezilla and it’s SE version
Inhaler
Dale
D7
Anglam
Panorama
Trident

B Nothing too special, not much to hate either
000BTM
Chief
Wooly Marmot 2
Triton
Radix
Thorn
7 Summits
Yelets
Parlay
420/420L
Cliff
G5+
Wooly Markmont
Grind Monster
MgSka
Milk
Metal Cream
Slam Dunk
Beanie
PWRhouse
Legendary Terrarian
Peak 2
Dove
Plastic 000
Plastic Fulvia

C Better choices available for cheaper, or overhyped. Usually sits in the case cuz you have better throws to play with
7075 Chief
Avalanche
Wooly Marmot 1
Luchador
G5
MSG
Terrarian
Avante Garde 1/2
Deduction
Stock FHZ
HSPIN x OXY H2O
Jake Bullock’s yoyos save for the slam dunk
OG Bapezilla
Majesty
Sudo
Metal Freehand Zero
Metal Freehand One
YweTi SE
FAST 201
GZR Cascade
Dark Magic 2
OG Ywet
The American
New Sasquatch
Sistine
Spellbound
Alleycat

D Upsetting performance. Throws you wish were better, have been mad irrelevant by newer releases, with quirks that spoil it for you
OG Peak
Creep
66% 888
D is for DV888
Highwall 888
OG Yeti
OG Shutter
Cyclotron
Mighty Flea
Raider
Brain
Powdercoated 420

F Would turn a newcomer off throwing, would be better off lost and forgotten. Makes you frown when you think about them
The free yoyo from that centrifuge company
Overthrow

14 Likes

Cool list. Have never really considered how good the life is… but I have 3 of them. So your list must be accurate :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It really is the definitive organic to me, it’s so well behaved for an organic while still feeling unique, a lip for irg’s, not being too hollow feeling like some are, not too performance oriented like the kappa so you can still bop around, perfect regens and rejects every time, the schmoove with the raised pads for great suicides and pulling out wrapped strings/dropped triangles easy without a tool, snags rarely and you can save it from a snag when it’s coming. It always inspires me to do something new when I play it, so it (nearly) tops my list :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fun list

2 Likes

Bet one from you would be funner still

2 Likes

I think I am going to do one with the discord server on my models. I don’t think I can’t do one with others unfortunately. You know what mamma said

1 Like

Nice list. I know its for oganics but if the OG shutter is on the list where would the butter fall?

1 Like

Can you go into a bit more detail about why 7 Summits is so much lower than the Summit?

2 Likes

Why did you decide the Diorama gets ranked at S and Panorama at A? Just curious!

No General Yo? Where my Hatrick peeps at?

Also - snowberry and motion harmonic are fabulous.

4 Likes

Shoutout to the Chik!, this throw gets like zero attention nowadays and still holds up beautifully. Interesting to see the al6 summit in S+ while the seven summit rots away in B tier. Seeing the Sudo in C tier hurts, especially with the parlay in A tier, I feel like those two are meant to go together.

What’s your setup for the martian? I’ve had one for a while but I haven’t fallen in love with it yet , and I find myself generally agreeing with the rest of your tiers, so maybe you know something I don’t…

@G2_Jake Ill never tell :wink:

@L8rdays what the heck is that, Duncan Butterfly? I would put an XT at B since its very capable for a responsive. Also it’s not just for organics! I’m just saying my case is filled with more and more organics lately :slight_smile:

@safetypin it has to do with why I think GZR cascade aint so great, back when OD would just re release models in 7075 without changing the design. Felt a lot clunkier when the summit was already teetering that edge beautifully

@GTDropKnot because unlike the above point, diorama managed to put a smidge more centerweight and make it feel a little more even throughout, which I really liked. They’re both good, but imo diorama is gooderer

@Jblock a majesty is in there!

@fradiger Chik was so good! Im surprised it never got a rerelease, I’m assuming its because terrarian took its place. I remember spending ages looking for a sudo when I got one, and being way more impressed with the diorama/panorama in terms of highwalls. I don’t like it for the same reason I don’t like the creep, just very unstable imo. Parlay is much better distributed, nice dense and full of power.

The martian I run brass mm sidefx! Although it shines a lot with something that keeps weight to the rims as opposed the center.

5 Likes

It’s a Bi-Metal Shutter, affectionately known as Butter

2 Likes

I see, so it’s different than what they did with the Diorama, MCMO, LT? These newer “boosted” 7075 versions are actually adjusted in the CAD. That’s good to know; I put the seven summits on my wish list, because I’ve really liked 7075 ODs, but I’ve only played with the newer ones.

2 Likes

No clue, I’ve heard the shutter Evo and others were good, but the og I’ve used just feels so clunky. The American had that hefty feeling but with a better distribution.

You’re better off with a legendary terrarian. It’s still good, but imo a regular summit feels way better with is comparative float. I’m a big fan of float yet powerrrrrr which is why I like the life and mcmo over their more evenly distributed counterparts.

I think the 7 summit is the last of the same cad material swap of the gzr fame, or the first to be redistributed, but either way I would much rather have a summit with a heavier sideeffect than a 7 summit. The concept of you can always add more, but you can’t take away once you’ve added too much.

1 Like

Fun list. I’m curious where you would put some of the following:

Evil Yo
Gelada (og)
Dietz
Yelets

Oh, and just for fun…the Lesula.

Missing the Koi too.

2 Likes

Really need to try MFD, always avoided em as they seemed more gimmicky than players to me, as well as the high entry price point. The yeletes is def a slapper, I’d put it on par with the parlay

@Ed-C haven’t tried this :frowning:

2 Likes

Hundreds of yo-yo’s; and this is the list?

I guess you did not buy the same hundreds of yo-yo’s that I did.

1 Like