The most objective tier-list for the most subjective hobby from one of the biggest organic lovers out there

We all buy different hundreds of yoyos. I’m sure I’m forgetting plenty :slight_smile: I’ll keep adding as I have time to.

2 Likes

I feel personally insulted
A) exia is not S
B) shutter in D
C) no koi (S by the way)

4 Likes

A) Exia is forever overshadowed by the khuno, be happy it’s at the level of the Akita even though it’s lower budget. But inner rim bimetal like the aster and the batsquatch blew me away way more. Still, I agree, Exia is an incredible throw at the price point, I had two at one point. I’ll probably raise it above the Akita since you made me recall it more

B) OG shutter spins out sooooo easy, so unresponsive, drops binds all the time, Idk if I got a fluke but I had an ann Connolly edition that I was so frustrated with

C) agree with you here it’s outrageous. I’ll buy one and add it to this list asap along with a write-up

1 Like

I must say, for the shutter, you either love it or hate it. I for one, like it

1 Like

The best organic ever is the Anti-Yo DRI-WET. I’ve never felt a smoother yoyo. The first run blasted Y-WET is amazing too. OMG why did I sell these??!! I hate myself.

1 Like

I think some folks don’t know what subjective means. :joy:

2 Likes

Guess you like floaty, fast throws🤣

1 Like

Does your apathy for the Jake Bullock yoyos extend to the Ti Dunk and the new Slappa? Or, if you haven’t tried all of his yoyos, is there some design principle that doesn’t click for you?

I haven’t played with any of them, but the big chunky rims of the Ti Dunk are pretty appealing. Kind of looks like an SUS Yoyo Mechanics yoyo on steroids.

2 Likes

They’re okay, but a diorama fits that spot way better for way cheaper.

1 Like

Tbh I haven’t tried the ti dunk or slappa, I just tried the dunk lineup. But based on the design philosophy of those, I’m not too sure I’d appreciate the rest of what he has to offer as well. Imo a Kappa outclassed the whole lot.

1 Like

I don’t see who doesn’t, considering draupnir was the de facto peak of performance once upon a time. You’ll hear a lot of people say the same for the hinemosu nowadays, and I’d agree that it has all the performance to hit all the competitive marks you’d like, staying stable and long spinning regardless of what you throw it through. And I would agree, hinemosu feels like a floaty fast and powerful throw regardless of the fact that based on specs it’s the same as anything else that’s released in the modern performance sphere.

3 Likes

Shutter OG is a classic…but classics usually don’t keep up with the modern iterations. I was kind of disappointed in the Shutter when I finally got my hands on it.

1 Like

I am sorry; I do not see anything on the market that surpasses the Draupnir in terms of performance. The sad thing is that a decade of development has yet to eclipse this iconic design. Not TP, not JT and certainly not any YYR I have played. When you are the champion -you have to be beaten - not tied.

This whole list starts with the Canvas. Canvas; really? In what universe is this a great yo-yo? It was great back in the day; but this entire list is made up of poorly performing yo-yo’s from companies that specialize in poorly performing yo-yo’s. The token inclusion of a few TP and YYR attest to the fact that the OG poster has been buying the wrong yo-yo’s from the wrong manufacturers.

1 Like

I tried to buy @yoyogeezer BBB canvas the other day and he said this same thing and I felt so defeated. He’s not wrong at all :sob::joy:

The YYR Sleipnir is not on this list?

1 Like

In terms of contest performance, yeah the canvas ain’t the best. In terms of an organic, it definitely is for the same reason you tout for the draupnir. It’s a relatively simple design that includes everything I said above about the life, and has it perfect. Even modern day reproductions like the dip, d7, or martian don’t really come close to the feel of the canvas. I would far rather have a yoyo that plays better flowy for good rejects and regens than something that will spin through hook-spamming to get clicks in contests. Hence the list of “poorly performing yoyos”, because I like flow more than tech, musicality over density, rarity and diversity over risk and execution. There’s different draws to the hobby, I like the creative side that doesn’t earn clicks. The only truly objective truth here is that you’re wrong for liking the overthrow if you do.

Also haven’t tried a sleip :slight_smile: And if you haven’t sold the bbb canvas to @UnluckyOwl53 and you would like more performers in it’s stead then I’ll happily slide into your dm’s :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

the creep, grail, and project 2 are all you need

1 Like