Favorite/Cool Yos

No idea. The Pan was out of stock forever while I sat around waiting to grab one. Then one day this yoyo popped up in restocks that I thought was one, but turned out to be the Diorama. I grabbed it fast and never looked back.

I doubt I’d be able to tell the difference anyway. From what I understand they’re pretty subtle, just not too subtle for someone like Takatsu to notice. Maybe one day, when the missus isn’t paying attention, I’ll sneak a Panorama past her. :wink:

1 Like

Haha nice one, I’ve been thinking about either grabbing the diorama instead since there’s a few left and the Pano is still possible, but just have to pay a bit more. The idea of having that as a 7075 instead seems to sound like better value, but there are people who still swear by the Pano. I doubt I will be able to tell the difference as well :stuck_out_tongue:

I only have the Panorama and I love it. I’m not sure I want a Diorama. From what I’ve read on here, using a car metaphor, the Pano is like a reliable daily driver and the Dio is like a sports car you take to the track.

So, if you want a pocket jammer that is more performant, go with the Dio. If you want a more classic and fun feeling jammer, go with the Pano. Either way, you’ll be jamming.

4 Likes

You’d definitely be able to tell the difference between Pano and Dio.

2 Likes

And did you end up liking both or had a preference after that ?

I personally think pano is more fun.

As far as diorama goes, I think “souped up pano” is a very apt description. It definitely feels similar but faster and a little more premium. They are both very, verrry fun yoyos. I asked the same question back in the day and everyone told me I didn’t need both but I just couldn’t believe them until I tried it them both for myself. Turns out they were right.

6 Likes

I play the Dio more. The Pano is heavier and VERY powerful. The Dio is lighter, faster, and (to me) more fun to play. If you want more power and spin time you’ll like Pano more. If you like lighter and faster you’ll like Dio more.

That said some days you feel like a Dio some days you don’t. Almond Joys got nuts and mounds don’t. :wink:

5 Likes

Really great feedback to read but you guys aren’t making it any easier :stuck_out_tongue:. Seems there’s such difference just from a tweak on the width/profile, weight and width. I was gonna pull the trigger on a Pano, which was a little harder to find. Figured I can’t go wrong with a more premium feeling so ended up ordering the Diorama yesterday! The Pano is already 2 years into its release and I don’t know how hard it’ll be to get one the next time. Unless I have to sneak an order of the Pano past the missus too soon? :wink:

3 Likes

They pop up kinda cheap sometimes. I got my pano in a bundle with a deepstate for like 65 I think. I’ve seen them go as low as 30. I certainly don’t regret having both but it’s also certainly not necessary.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m based here in Australia, most folks don’t wanna do shipping beyond CONUS :confused: I tried asking someone who was letting go a mint Pano for $45, but no luck.

3 Likes

I’m so happy to see this. Saves me the pain and misery of listening to the missus after buying another yoyo.

3 Likes

Just my opinion to be fair. Others might disagree. I should throw in that I also play my pano more because it is already dinged and I want to keep the dio nice. It could simply be that I just have more time on the pano.

Dang! Yeah that’s rough. Every once in awhile there is a post from another country and I get bummed just cuz I don’t want to pay 20 shipping.

I see the Sam guys site in Australia still has them in stock. Not super cheap but it’s cool that they’re in stock.

Haha yeah i was pretty happy getting a clear Dressel 5050 from South Korea recently, but the postage was almost the same price as the yoyo :sob:

I think you’re talking about ■■■■■■■ right. That au site shows stock until you try to check out lol. I did find them in eBay but actually found Taka’s spingear still had them available.

3 Likes

Someone mentioned this elsewhere on the forum, but is it possible to add weight to the diorama using different OD side effects ?

1 Like

Yes. Although it still won’t match the feel of the Pano since all the weight will be in the center. Flat caps are my favorite in the Dio.

1 Like