Favorite 3A throws

cool 3A scratches :+1:

1 Like

Just adding my part since i’be been obsessed with 3A ever since pnwr this year. Watching Aliyah got me hooooked. I practice everyday on my lunch break. I can’t do too much yet, still missing alot of basics. But i’m more than happy with my progress. 3A is actually starting to feel comfortable vs a super frustrating experience. Lol Video is my best work so far. Been using Dunk Rebounds. Nice easy binds. Way more stable than the protostars.

Also if i could add a small tip that made my 3A sessions a tad less frustrating. In the beginning, i was restarting my yoyos with a snap start, but doing the left yoyo, left handed. I got pretty good at it but would still mess it up and just spens time trying to restart the yoyo left handed. Well, started snap starting both yoyos with my right hand and just binding accordingly. It’s small like i said, but man did it make 3A sessions alot leas frustrating.

Also thanks for this thread. I don’t feel bad reviving it since the forum is full of BST these days.

7 Likes

Really sick to see your 3A progress. It feels so rare to see anybody stick with and keep grinding alt styles from the ground up.

Also as a forum pro tip, if you select the BST category in the drop-down menu, you can then click the bell icon to entirely mute threads from that category. Took me way too long too learn that this was a feature lol, because yeah threads totally just get drowned in a sea of BST otherwise.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: no way… i’m def doing that. But yes, i’m honestly very proud of myself for grinding it out this long. It’s sooo refreshing to make progress in another style other than 5a. Not that i’m bored of 5a, no way. But these days, i don’t even carry a 5A setup with me to work. Just a 3a setup. That way i have no choice. Even on days i don’t feel like it, i at least pulled them out on my lunch break and run through everything i know at least once. Normally turns into me throwing my entire lunch break.

But when i get home, man it feels good to throw 5a. Since i can actually relax and turn my brain off for a while with 5a. But honestly, at the moment it’s been about 4 days since i’ve thrown 5a. I’ve been totally obsessed with 3a and i’m finally at the point where 3a is more relaxing than frustrating, but i can’t turn my brain off yet.

I did try 3a many many years ago but it only lasted about 3 or 4 weeks. But this time is different. The thought that keeps popping up in my mind is seeing Aliyah just chillin’ amongst the other throwers and just so casually doing the most mind bending 3a i had ever seen… and so badly do i want to be able to just chill amongst other throwers and casually throw 3A like that… or even just 1/4th of Aliyah’s skills. I’d be happy with that.

2 Likes

Got me a second Slam Dunk. These things are incredible for 3a. I’ve been having good luck with them anyways.

5 Likes

A friend made a prototype yoyo called Titan and I’m lovin’ it.

Spec: James on Instagram: "Titan prototypes have landed. I’ve been working with Mark from MK1 on a 3A yoyo design never knowing what to call it. Titan my wives service dog and a member of our family. He sadly passed away due to unknown internal gastrointestinal reasons that caused international bleeding. After his passing it was clear to me there could only be one name for it and that is Titan in his memory. Specs 7068+Steel 69.98g 4.2mm gap 12mm axle 43.5mm width 57mm diameter #trickcircle #3ayoyo #yoyo #throw #titan #save3a"

Designer:

4 Likes

I usually rock a pair of replay pros just so I don’t have to deal with the noise and smell of aluminum yo-yos banging against each other. I do have a pair of starfires setup for 3a when I want a thinner throw.

3 Likes