Fav headphones

I like the way turtle beachs sound for music. Don’t know if it is what I listen to or what but they provide what I want. I think it might be the angled speaker. If only they made a model with out the mike. Also my pioneers broke so I looked around at bestbuy(warranty from previous headphones) to find a pair that was in my budget around $80. After wandering through rows of beats wannabes I stumbled into the gaming section. I looked and saw the turtle beach px22 and saw that they had normal plug for mobile and stuff and I like using my x 12’s for music. Also after trying them on they where lighter and breathed better than my pioneers. So what they aren’t audiophile but as this review points out they sound pretty good(not the px22 but the only difference is I think mine has 50 mm drivers): http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming-headset-headphone-reviews/turtle-beach-ear-force-x12-review/

I find that other than looking stupid with a mike and giant headset it is pretty great better than bass heavy music headphones. I have owned senns, sony’s and pioneer cans and I prefer the turtle beaches. And all that and an amp.

/I resign from trying to be an audiophile I will listen to what ever produces the sounds I like to listen to

Sennheiser: HD555 for home stereo, PX 100-II on IPOD/MP3 player.

So I sat at my computer today and stuck on some decent music, and was thinking about this thread. I was once again impressed by the quality of my Koss PortaPros. I’d mentioned them earlier, but I just want to recommend them a little further. They are not an audiophiles set of headphones. I stress that firstly. But the sound quality for what is essentially a $20-$40 pair of headphones (they’re commonly available at the lower end of that spectrum) is truly remarkable. Couple that with a lifetime replacement guarantee (which I’ve used - so it does work), and cheap replacement ear pads; these are headphones that can never leave your pocket/bag. They fold up, but do not fall apart where they fold, and have a neat little retro look going on.

Anyway, happy listening. Oh yeah, and throwing…

1 Like

Bump this up with a heads up, beats owners can use bass reducer on the iPod itself for a more typical, non hip-hop sound that you get from them. I just was playing with it on my phone, my favorite setting are bass reducer and classical. Although on some music the bigger bass does give a nice feel in my opinion. It’s the electro that need the reducer. Just opinions though, I really have no other good headphones to compare it to. (I have beats pros, the most expensive ones. I got them for Christmas :D)

No, no, no. Beats still suck, even if you turn the bass down. It’s because they’re biased that way.

Long story short, don’t buy beats ever. Unless you wanna look like an urban thug wannabe rapper.

Anything but beats.

Even the Street by 50 is good

Grados all the way!

Pretty much anything is good besides hype brands like Beats, Monster, Bose etc.

My current favorite cans are the Sol Republic Master Tracks.

Apple Earbuds are better than Beats :wink: seriously though, apple earbuds are all that bad for earbuds that are included.

I have :wink:

I have a pair of Sony MDR-EX1000’s that i love. Definitely my go-to pair, use them everywhere, from work to critical listening. Mainly listen to EDM and they’re just perfect for that. Don’t even think they make them anymore so they go for a lot when they show up on eBay. I think i paid around $330, which is a lot, but they’re great. Would love to pick up a pair of Shure SE846 eventually, but at $1k that’s a ways off. Prefer IEMs just because i’m on the go a lot and they’re convenient and also don’t require a lot of fancy amplifying or DAC with my MacBook Pro.

http://www.instash.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/sony-mdr-ex1000-earphones.jpg

Well I guess I should try other headphones. But at this point I don’t really care.