Fav headphones

I’m too lazy to shell out like $100 for the pair of Audio Technicas I really want, so for now I’m stuck with some cheap decent pair of Sonys.

Nothing fancy
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IDR657mbk-Isolation-Earphones-Increased/dp/B00AEVNRJ6

If anyone doesn’t like there beats il trade for them! I think they sound fine!

I preferably don’t like headphones. I use yurbud earphones, There sound quality honestly is better then any headphone ive ever experienced. I Say it tops beats, sync ETC. and its for athletic use so it has a mechanism for lock on to your ear, Honestly can say from personal experience IT DOES NOT FALL OUT.

Yea I have those for running but I want headphones now

Would you consider buying? And Grado are awesome, it’s just most of their stuff is REALLY expensive.

I’ve heard great things about the Noontec Zoros. Rather cheap at the 70 dollar range. Good looking and great sound. House of marley also seems to make nice headphones for a good price.

I received Beats Pros for my birthday, as a musician who is very involved with music my dad thought I could use them (and he is not afraid to spend some money). At the time I thought they were the best in the world. After a few months I have realized they aren’t. I think I will sell them for 15,000 (hey, that’s like 10k lower than retail price, good deal right there) and get better ones. This thread has helped too.

You make a thread asking for advice on good quality headphones. People give you advice on good quality headphones. You blatantly ignore their advice and insist on buying Beats.

Well, aren’t you intelligent?

Monster Jamz, or Copper Turbines are amazing. If you want over ear then Sennheiser HD650 is really nice.

SR 60’s are $80. I’m probably going to get some soon.

In terms of budget headphones, I’ve seen the AKG K518 on people’s heads everywhere. I thought they would be a lot of the same horribleness as a lot of other popular headphones, but it turns out that for the price, they definitely offer. They are a bit heavy on the bass, but they don’t come close to the muddy bass that comes out of beats. They are quite robust and good for just slinging into bags during travel, which is the only thing I use headphones for apart from gaming (I have studio monitors for listening at home).

The thing is, as I’ve started to become much more conscious about how I listen to music, I’ve started changing my requirement for headphones. I used to just want the best sound possible. After mocing to the city and spending a lot of time on public transportation, I’ve realised that no matter how good my headphones are, 99% of the time I spend with them, the sound is going to be diluted by exterior noise. Now what I look for in headphones is a bang for my buck. I just need comfortable headphones that can travel with me while still not delivering horrible sound.

Pioneer HDJ 500 has replaceable cord even though one end is not standard. They are great sounding and they have them at best buy in the music instrument section by the guitars.

I don’t think you know how bad those things really sound.

Like listening through a wall.

I hate them with a wicked passion.

1 Like

Sony MDR F1

my favorite so far
I tend to prefer sony over sennheiser, beats, beyer, akg, and what not

Beyerdynamic DT-990!

I can’t personally say “favorite” for sound quality because I feel like those will always be the best ones I own. I have a pair of HD 598s right now.