Fake Throws

Weight distribution! The fake one has a different weight distribution, maybe more weight on the rims, which is why it feels heavier. It’s normally very difficult to get the weight distribution exactly right which is how even the closest of fakes can be distinguished from the original just by playing with it.

7 Likes

$22-44 for grail noice… lol

2 Likes

Have you been able to compare the fakenir to the real thing? Did they get anywhere close?

3 Likes

I don’t own one, but so far from reviews they say that the fakenir is an average throw, not as good as the Draupnir, but not bad as well. The main issue is that the gap width seems to off, so it does snag a little during play. Also same weight distrubution issue as @Hanker mentioned, most fakes just plays either heavier or lighter, and most reviews have mentioned the fakenir plays heavier on the strings.

3 Likes

This one just sold on the Japanese Shopping site for 4000 yen ($37 USD). Was listed as " Chinese yo yo" with no other description, but it does look rather familiar :thinking:

However those pads are protruding a little bit, and that is not a DS bearing. Also on the original the blue is a lighter shade.

8 Likes

The original triptych definitly has a lighter blue on the rims. Thanks for posting this!

7 Likes

A-RTxUnprld Sucction, YYR Stargazer V2, C3 Radius, TP Chameleon and a Mustang comparison post are added.

4 Likes

Turning point Isotope 2 and Colony added.
(Still looking to buy a real Isotope 2 if any one is keen to sell :grimacing:)

4 Likes

St.Elmo added.

I wanna specify that this thread is to warn you guys of the fake throws out there, prevent people selling fakes as real, and definetly not an advertisement as I’m not the designer or the seller. So please don’t dm and ask me to get those as I’ll say no.

7 Likes

Both Stargazers are fake in the photos provided? I want really sure what I was looking at :pensive:

3 Likes

I am confused on why anyone would take time to fake the St.Elmo. It’s at a fairly reasonable price point, it’s not some exotic bi-metal

6 Likes

This is a moral issue, why do people do any petty crimes? Cause they can get away with it or there are no consequences?

Anyhow these fakes are sold in a completely different market and are relatively hard to get without a proxy to thoes markets.

2 Likes

All I am saying is - if I was going to copy something I probably would copy something that has a “higher street value” than 69.00. To me it just seems like a waste of time. Just making a generalized statement about my observation.

Yeah I get it bad people do bad things, I just wouldn’t personally waste my time counterfeiting a yoyofactory whip when it can be bought new for 5.00.

2 Likes

I agree, I’m still waiting for the PhEAK and a FakeFakeFake

7 Likes

Plenty of fakefakefakes were made back in the day although it didn’t blatantly copy the engravings.

4 Likes

@Chickenpoodlesoup yes, they’re the older ones and don’t think anyone is replicating them anymore.

@JEA86 it’s also about the hype unfortunately, as long as people want it, then it will sell. Elmo probably isn’t a super hyped throw in US/Europe, but it is fairly popular in Asia.

@Exmime Morality has exited the room :eye::lips::eye:

3 Likes

What’s the A-RT Chassis supposed to be?

2 Likes

Hmmm lol it looks a lot like the Canvas… I’m not really familiar with A-rt tbh, did they ever release a Canvas as well?

4 Likes

Nope, Canvas is a CLYW throw, though the Diptych is their follow up to it (a diptych painting is one with two canvases), so I guess maybe it’s based off the Diptych?

2 Likes

There is a fake Diptych and Triptych though, so I doubt that is the case.

3 Likes