Fake phaser and fakenir exposed. Me being the victim

ps: hey @Niki this yoyo seems so glossy is it authentic?

No offense meant, but I feel that this Phaser is a bit too glossy to be genuine.
Looking at some old post from YYE (YoYoExpert Blog & Yo-Yo News – sOMEThING by YoYoAddict Presents The PHASER!), the one in YYE’s post seems to have a bit of the bead blasted touch.
There’s also a video on YT for a phaser in black (sOMEThING Phaser - YouTube). Not 100% sure though.

If someone sold you this and the green Draup for over $60 I would highly recommend contacting the seller to get their invoice.

3 Likes

the draup was 100% authentic lol

woah thanks for the references

:slightly_smiling_face: kk :man_shrugging:

So I’ve been thinking if I really want to post this but just feel bad for the dude who got the green draupnir. And don’t want it to be sold as “genuine ” any more

:arrow_down:This is a real emerald Draupnir (from DRAUPNIR YYA EXCLUSIVE - YoYoAddict / ヨーヨー ストア "ヨーヨーアディクト"):

:arrow_down: And this is a bootleg Draupnir:

:arrow_down: This, is the pic for the Draupnir sold in FS/FT: closed

:arrow_down: And these, are photos I stole from a review of the bootleg Draupnir sold on T**Bao:

no intention to post the link of the review. But please note that it’s posted on 04/05/2021.

So, judge for yourself.

I have no right to blame people who got a knockoff. But please, don’t sell them as “genuine”

1 Like

It’s fake and here’s a comparison between a fake one (left) and a real one (right):

1. the fake one uses a thinner font
  2. the fake one leaves more space between the letters, (see the letters “SE” after the triangle)

7 Likes

Usually the bearings in those fakes ones are very loud, if it’s not changed, you can try and see.

3 Likes

damnnn poor me… mine is quiet and dead smooth

1 Like

did you get it second hand?

3 Likes

yeah, in a trade with my brother, he got it 2nd hand longgg time ago

2 Likes

big thanks to you man. you just saved me and a guy here from a false trade!

2 Likes

No worries, glad to help~

3 Likes

I just let Mickey know about this. He will either post or get back to me….

We’ll see…

9 Likes

He just posted in his IG stories

7 Likes

More like a ‘Fakeser’

4 Likes

its completely fake dude

After working with you guys exposing the fake phaser yesterday with informing Mickey thereafter about it, we’re all awared of how different it was to the real one. But @jjdddn1 also point out another fake draupnir i put up here for sale months ago
part 1: Details of the fake yoyos Fake phaser exposed - #5 by jjdddn1 (mind the comment section too)
part 2: My clarification
Remember the rlly hot green draupnir sale few months ago? I bought it from my brother for $180. it was supposed to be a mint black he bought from yye, but later he was swapped for another mint green one by his bad friend without telling him. so i just took it anyway to sell it, the only pic i got from his friend for posting here was a pic he stole from taobao, not by himself. So i sold it without knowing all the yoyo, pics were a fraud
p/s: thanks @jjdddn1 for linking the proof helping us unveil this. im in just a big shock and depress knowing all this. i have contacted my buyer to work the deal out
The fakes are now spotted and prevented from dissipating to any others. Beware of your next 2ndhand purchase. my apologies! peace

1 Like

up. this is a shock as im just a freshman in short of money

1 Like

this is too devastating for me, the whole deal took lots of time and effort, now im even loosing about $100 for this (shipping,…)

1 Like

A fake draupnir comparison post is also added here.

Again, for anyone buying or selling, please be aware of the fake ones circulating around in the community.

4 Likes