Fake Throws

This thread lists most of the fake throws created up to date as the circulation of these in BST can cause uncertainty for some trades.

• If you’re worried about your trade, use the Imgur links to see the closeups and compare these with your throw as most differences can be identified from laser engravings, surface finishes and machine cuts.
    If you’re still worried, feel free to send me a message and I’ll see what else I can find to help.
  • Disclaimer: I’m not the seller or creator for these throws, and pls don’t ask me to buy for u :slight_smile:
  • By all means, fakes are imperfect and can be identified, so please don’t buy or sell fakes…

A-RT:
Grail
Triptych
Life
Chassis
Sparrow
Diptych
Door Knob (SF)
Sucction (Unprld)

C3yoyodesign
Radius

CLYW:
Chief V1
Cheif V2
Scout
Canvas
Cliff
Borealis: See comparison post

Duncan:
Barracuda

OneDrop:
Summit

SF Yoyos:
Movement
Statement

Something by YoyoAddict:
Phaser: See comparison post
Anglam 2

Turning Point:
Mustang (Titanium)V1: See comparison post
Mustang (Titanium) V2
Mustang (Titanium) V3
Mustang (7075)
Mustang ES (6061)
BGM
Hinemosu
Chameleon
Isotope 2
Colony
Palpitation
St.Elmo
Pouch (green logo)

YoyoFactory:
Shutter??

Yoyorecreation:
Draupnir V1: See comparison post
Draupnir V2
Sleipnir V1)
Sleipnir V2: See comparison post: 2nd horse release in 2012
Sleipnir (Other Versions)
Dazzler: See comparison post
Onslaught
Stargazer V2
Messiah
Overdrive
*There is another thread on YYE that thoroughly explains how to identify YYR fakes, and there are comparison/closeups there for Messiah, Overdrive, Sleipnir Take That.

31 Likes

:exploding_head:WOW!!!:warning:
Thanks for letting the community know!

10 Likes

No worries! :grin:

3 Likes

Dammit so many and hard to discern

3 Likes

Indeed, but for dazzler and draupnir it is identifiable just through images because of the engraving.

6 Likes

these are like 2 dollars a pop right or am i missing somthing?

1 Like

Depends, the fake mustang is $200 :woozy_face:

3 Likes

it says yen for me, like japanese currency

2 Likes

Ahh I see your point. Japanese and Chinese are quite similar so it’s confusing :slight_smile:

We share the same currency symbol (¥) and character (元). So the prices are in Chinese Yuan.

5 Likes

This can really F* the game up :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

This post is 99% advertisement and 1% actual warning. :laughing:

I mean, you guys see it, don’t you? Please tell me you see it.

12 Likes

I mean either way this is more helpful than harmful if you are in the market to buy these yoyos, as it shows what the fakes look like.

6 Likes

The links are deleted… by all means I didn’t mean to promote… :expressionless:

8 Likes

That is another sign of a quality product - it is being copied :smiley: Thanks for info.

4 Likes

Guys I’m not going to send links in this thread or in dms. If you want comparison photos Im more than happy to send!

7 Likes

Thanks, this is crazy. Good to know!

2 Likes

Extra images, YYR onslaught and a Slepnir comparison post is added

3 Likes

Draupnir, Dazzler and Phaser comparison posts are added

2 Likes

My question is- who is out here putting all this effort to reproduce yoyos🤣 whhhyyyy
Like how much are they really making in profit? How many are actually floating around?

3 Likes

Chinese dudes. No offence to chinese yoers or chinese people in general. Production in China is pretty cheap, so for them it is quite profitable, at least in small numbers.

2 Likes