REAL DRAPNIR/STUPNIK

I was trying to sell these two yo yos and some jerk is trying to tell me that there fakes so I’m going to post photos of the yo yos in there boxes with the receipt and a letter from JD signed from JD that their authentic unfortunately I’m being evicted from my home and I’m selling all of my stuff as fast I can and this jerk thinks that he can bad mouth me on the forums but that’s just not cool

So post pictures and state your asking price.

I talked to JD from yo yo Best Buy and he will confirm the they are authentic because some punk thinks there fake

If you want closer up pictures I be willing to try and do my best for professional work and as far as the pricesthe sputnik is basically brand new the draupnir has been used a little bit but neither of them have had the pads changed and they both have upgraded bearings so I’m just asking for the best price I can get I’ve never sold high end yo yos like this on the secondary I’m just trying to help my family is best I can because I spend over $500 on those yo yo was and I could use his much money as I can to feed my children and help pay your rent on a new place

who said these were fake and where did he/she say it?

He’s referring to me, I was talking to him over PM. He wanted a quick sale at a really low price comparatively and I told him I’d pass because I’ve heard of a rash of replica Draupnirs out there. I didn’t say his was fake. There were just signs that made me uncomfortable with the sale: Initial blurry photos, had to make a paypal account to accept payement, story about eviction and selling yoyos, Draupnir*, etc. He then got upset

Good luck with the sale!

For the record, the pictures above don’t prove the legitimacy of the yoyos, I would not purchase any second hand YYR without seeing clear pictures of the engravings, and a dated picture with the persons name on it to prove that the picture is legit.

The market has seen a few more fake draupnirs than usual lately and the fakes keep getting better.

Yeah, but if JD at YYBB will confirm authentication… :o

What’s to say someone doesn’t buy one real one from them and a bunch of fakes from somewhere else. The person will authenticate it saying yes they bought one from them, but then the person selling second hand can continuously send out fakes. If someone else wants authentication, the person trying to sell second hand could tell the store that the initial deal fell through time and time again, selling more and more fakes.

This seems to have red flags all over it. I wouldnt buy them either.

Like if a car dealer has to put the word “Honest” in their name, you can bet its not the case. The fact that its posted as REAL is the first read flag, iconic yoyo name mis-spelled? there’s another. Blurry pics? Another. Several shots of the same angles but not the logo or cups? theres another. Brand new paypal, low post, no rep. Im not even a part of this an im sketched…

Im not saying they are fake, but I will say that this looks WAY shady. Would avoid.

I wasn’t aware there existed false Sputniks. We know that’s real at least. But to the OP, post some clearer pics of the engravings, that’s a sure way to tell.

[quote=“WH0TH3MAN,post:9,topic:82075”]
What’s to say someone doesn’t buy one real one from them and a bunch of fakes from somewhere else. The person will authenticate it saying yes they bought one from them, but then the person selling second hand can continuously send out fakes. If someone else wants authentication, the person trying to sell second hand could tell the store that the initial deal fell through time and time again, selling more and more fakes.

^exactly^ but If they do turn out to be fake you could open a paypal case and get your money back. If he just created that paypal account hes not gonna have access to that money immediately either.

Free bump. PM’d you.
Also for the record I am pretty sure they are legit. The IrPads are the dead giveaway as seen on the Sputnik. I know of no scammer who would buy a legit Sputnik paired with a fake Draupnir. So if you guys want my $0.02, boom, there it is.