Fake Draupnir?

There tend to be at least a couple releases every year, usually around big contests (e.g. worlds or European YYC) though there are also some non-contest runs usually as well. I wouldn’t sweat it, you should get a chance soon. Just keep an eye on their official store and facebook.

Thanks for the info Lex. I actually just got one from a respected contributor on this thread :grinning:. I also received an email from YYR that they will be looking into the seller that this post was about so all is well that ends well. Thanks for all the input and the Draupnir!!!

-king of Gondor

The real question is how did the seller know that his/her buyer is posting this question here? I mean, I can’t even imagine how you google it.

1 Like

^^ Asking the real questions now.

With one single post, for this thread… I dunno. Seems strange to me too.

1 Like

The owner of the store posted in Facebook BST regarding a buyer questioning his Draupnir. Then a fellow member just came across to the owner’s post and asked if it is related to this thread in YYE Forums.

I was not aware the seller was posting on FB about me, hopefully it wasn’t in a negative light just because I asked for pictures. I honestly wouldn’t touch that store with a ten-foot pole.

Naaah. Nothing negative. Your identity has been hidden as well. The seller just pointed out that it is the third time for this month that someone asked regarding his Draupnirs in stock.

Alright well that’s good. Well third times a charm maybe he will realize he’s got to be able to authenticate his product. Good luck to him though.

I see! Thats a little less creepy knowing some back story…

It should seems an easy fix. Instead of cancelling/refunding orders cause they buyer asked for some information about a known counterfeit throw, could have sold that thing several times over if he just used the phone that is likely in him pocket. Simple fix for a simple problem.

Sadly, this will have marred that stores rep, which is not an easy thing to fix.

I have read all the comments. Please allow me to explain a few things.

I would like to point out that, if I have sent the requested pictures, or sent the product for the order, the customer may still take the pictures up here to ask for authentication opinions from the community. I would like to prevent that from happening (especially with a title like this), because then the best response he can get would be “looks legit, but I won’t be too sure about a draupnir from an unknown Chinese shop”, and that would be a much more serious accusation, regardless of whether I am able to clear my name in the end or not.

If this ends up with some of you hating me for bad customer service, I am truly sorry but also glad that no one accused me of selling counterfeit products.

I personally also suggest people buy from larger online stores including YoYoExpert.

As for my shop, I run another online shop in China which is my main source of income, and I have no intentions of making money out of it or winning any pubilicity around here. It was merely set up to encourage my fellow Chinese players to engage in international business. Fact is, I believe most of you have not heard about the shop at all even after making your comment.

There has never been an easy fix to prove the Chinese shop is legit.

^^^

Well that clears everything up…???

Narcissus- not sure why you would want to prevent sending pictures which would allow me (with help from the community) to make sure it was authentic, and then you’d make $260. Honestly I could care less what policy you have on pictures because it’s your store, but not sure why you would cancel an order for a $260 yoyo when you took offense simply because I asked for advice, and I never mentioned your name. No damage was done to your name until you canceled the order and posted it on here. I wish you all the luck in the world but I will now be sticking to YYE and other well-known stores for my throws. Take care.

2 Likes

Shady sounding shop owner to me.

You feel offended by somebody wanting to be assured that they are sending $260 for a yoyo that could possibly be a knock-off?

A person maybe willing to deal with somebody they dont know on the other side of the Planet Earth; because that person feels compelled to get a particular color of yoyo?

You want to be identified as Legit; yet, if a concerned potential customer wants information/pics/whatever, to protect their investment; you ‘feel offended’?

… If that is your Business Model; than maybe you are in the wrong Business. Since you are actually posting on this Board; maybe you should take a few ques from YoYoExpert. A Business that goes way out of their way to assure their Customers they will do anything necessary to make Absolutely Positive that the end user is Happy with their purchases.

When you state you have 2 ongoing Businesses’; that doesn’t provide any positive evidence that you know how to run either of them.

If you can’t or aren’t willing to meet Potential Customers at least halfway enough to instill their confidence; then you shouldn’t be offended. You should be in some other sort of Business where Customer satisfaction is of little importance.

… I wouldnt buy a thing from you…

Nothing.

1 Like

that post doesn’t mention the draupnir

So? It’s about fake copies of YYR yoyo’s which is the manufacturer of the Draupnir. Make sense now? ;D

i didn’t say that doesn’t make sense to me. that fake YYR link doesn’t mention the draupnir which was the original Q. i have searched for info regarding fake draupnir’s and have not found any.

Then exactly what are you getting at when you said that the post with link vegabomb made “Didn’t mention the Draupnir”?  It definitely had relevance to the OP’s question! He posted the link because the topic was about YYR fakes…he clearly stated that the info within might not be correct for newer bootlegs.
Personally, the only draupnir knock offs that I’ve seen are the “Start the Riot”
This one here is a supposed China fake:  Knockoff Draupnir - Album on Imgur

That one definitely looks fake. I was only saying that the link for info on the fake YYR’s didn’t pertain to the Draupnir. I thought the original Q to this thread started with someone wanting info on the Draupnir from The store Narcisseintl. I was not dissing anyone’s info. Not here to offend only to learn and enjoy all I can about my awesome yoyos.

1 Like

Use PayPal buyer protection. I was looking at this same yoyo to buy. I have 2 now, but I need another. If a restock comes to YYE then I’ll just wait for that.