Facebook BST?

is it just me, or is there a lot more hate in the facebook BST compared to here? like A LOT. i made a post telling people to declare their package values low so the receiving end doesn’t have to pay extra, and I had to delete the post because within 5 minutes i had 10 people on my ■■■.
I really want to like the yoyo community and I hear people preach about how great it is, but GOD I have had nothing but problems with 99% of the people in it. I am literally scared to make this post because every time I say something I get attacked by everyone who sees it.

10 Likes

lmao FB BST = you will get FLAMED for anything non-yo-yo-kosher, I advise not to make “community guideline” posts on there (telling people what to do with their sales, packages, etc.)

If you want clean open discussion come here. If you wanna flex go to Reddit. If you wanna sell your stuff with the quickness go to FB.

13 Likes

I think it’s just the energy of Facebook. It’s an extremely negative place in general. I try to keep my Facebook BST posts to only business, so I don’t interact with it anymore than I have to.

11 Likes

see, @JohnnyJ gets it :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah fb is definitely more toxic than here but compared to most other communities yoyo is definitely very open and friendly

If anything I think it’s just the people that use these forums and complain about fb are just a little too sensitive

6 Likes

well, too sensitive is a little subjective, but i see your point. i haven’t really been in any communities other than this one, but i do have to say i’ve still had more negative experiences than positive ones.

Yeah that’s why I said “I” think

Yeah the fb group is a little more negative than here but while I do like the structure of forums better I actually like the moderation of the fb group better than here.

Debate with anyone about almost anything on here for more than 5 posts and it’s deemed too negative and locked even if there was really no malice in the first place, just some friendly disagreement. I understand it’s because this is supposed to be a G rated kid friendly environment but I personally prefer the more open fb group moderation.

FB group has its flaws too but I enjoy the moderation there more, I feel more open to discuss my opinions and while some flaming and negativity does get by here and there, it generally gets dealt with good enough at least for me

9 Likes

For anything yo-yo related, this will always be my favorite place to be. The mods do a terrific job at keeping everything age-appropriate and organized, and there’s always a warm feeling in my heart whenever I open this page.

I despise Facebook with the strength of a thousand fires, but it’s still useful for certain things. And while I agree with you in that the atmosphere can feel a bit toxic over there, @andy569 is right in saying that people tend to be a little sensitive when posting and dealing with comments on social media.

You need to understand that most people will not spend too much time writing a reply to a comment or post you made. This does not mean they’re bad people or that they want to make negative statements about your post. It just means that it’s a written response, and you generally can’t tell how a person feels just by reading a written response. In real life, you’d probably feel much different about all of these people.

6 Likes

I definitely spend more time on the forums in terms of interacting with people. And some people I talk with on Instagram.
I haven’t personally had a bad experience on the FB BST, but I’ve definitely seen the kind of behavior you’re referring to.
I bet if you could do a survey, you’d find the average age of members higher here than on the FB groups.

4 Likes

I do not feel this is an accurate characterization. I’ve seen MANY yo-yo debates that went on here for way more than 5 posts!

Now if you mean some random totally not about yo-yo thing like religion or whatever, sure that probably won’t last long here… but should it? :thinking:

12 Likes

Sure you can debate about trivial things like yoyo shapes, the best yoyo, etc. without much trouble here. But once someone brings up anything negative and/or controversial then the thread has a good chance of being moderated, at least from what I’ve seen.

If anything not related to yoyo shouldn’t exist on this forum, why do we have an unrelated discussion category?

3 Likes

Right but why bring that kind of stuff up? It’s like discussing politics and religion at thanksgiving dinner… it is only gonna end in pain and suffering for everyone involved.

There’s plenty of topics in Unrelated Discussion at the moment… have a peek and see

7 Likes

There are great qualities on both Yye and Facebook. Benefits that can be found on one forum may not be on the next. When possible, I think it’s best to enjoy each forum for the positives they have to offer.

2 Likes

Unrelated doesn’t imply that it’s a no holds barred free for all. Having been a member of and a moderator on a number of forums this has mostly been the norm. There are forums dedicated to debating politics, religion, lifestyle and social mores. If that’s your thing that’s where to go to imbibe.

5 Likes

Good point. Thanks for clearing that up!

2 Likes