It seems I've been blocked from the Facebook Yoyo BST & Talk group

No warning or explanation - I just can’t see the group any longer. Has this happened to anyone else?

7 Likes

What’s your fb name

4 Likes

Tbh I’d rather not share that on here - I’m fairly cautious about Internet privacy and I only use Facebook for a small group of close friends.

Edit - Sorry, I know that’s not terribly helpful.

6 Likes

Then we can’t help you… good luck

4 Likes

Are you a mod on that group?

3 Likes

I am not, just trying to help

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for your reply.

3 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 had this happen too recently

5 Likes

Any idea why?

4 Likes

I have an inkling but not really my place to say. Maybe the Fat one can share his story in person :slight_smile:

4 Likes

On a side note - I remember having a chat with you before Christmas about your unpleasant BST experience.

Watched a few of your YouTube videos recently and it’s pretty awesome to see your progression - impressive stuff!

3 Likes

yep. i was blocked because i called the mods out for allowing certain members to take advantage of new, naive, or recently returning old schoolers in bst deals…and cover it up… a couple other folks also had posts deleted, were blocked or banned as well. many folks have come over to the facebook bst i started (not in competition with yye, i send more folks here)… we have a vetted membership process as well…

but yeah, they’ve been on a delete slash and ban tirade.

12 Likes

Thank you. I did have an unhappy experience but the YYE family here sorted me out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh thank you so much. I’m trying my best, progress is slow but it’s there, and I am happy for it.

This was my latest one I took today :blush:

9 Likes

Nice!

Love the t-shirt too - where did you get it?

5 Likes

They do seem like a pretty authoritarian bunch…

What’s the name of your FB BST group?

3 Likes

Thank you! It is from @anon17117379’s website.
I don’t think I can share the link on here but if you google Mike Monty Yoyo it comes up. Price is very reasonable too :joy:

Colour is this nice heather grey and the quality is great.

1 Like

you should see some of the convos between me and the mods… it’s an embarrassment… @MoonageMin you mind helping out @Abide with some info via PM :wink:

4 Likes

Cool, I’ll check it out. I watch Mike Monty on YT - love his relaxed, flowing style. He usually plays in such a casual manner it’s doubly impressive when he suddenly breaks out a fast combo!

Btw I’m Lebowski on YT with the same avatar in case you see me comment on your vids. You might be able to guess my favourite film…

3 Likes

Thanks for your replies - makes me feel slightly less of a pariah…

4 Likes

Completely off topic - I have a friend from school who totally subscribed to “when all else fails, hit it with a bigger hammer”.

We lived in a seaside town and I was watching him trying to get his boat in the water. He’d borrowed a trailer which was a little too small for his boat, but he lashed it on anyway then hooked the trailer to the bull bar on his Land Rover.

As the trailer went off the end of the slipway it tilted - because of the way he’d tied it on the rope started to shear down through the hull off his boat while the trailer wheel arches punched up through the hull… then the bull bar bent outwards. He got out of the Land Rover, yelled in fury, then slammed the car door… and the window shattered.

Pretty good going to knacker your car, boat and a borrowed trailer, all in the space of about 30 seconds!

5 Likes